Hello
I'm trying to install Sailfish OS using this tutorial:
https://wiki.maemo.org/Sailfish
I'm on this step:
Do not remove the usb cable after flashing, MOSLO kernel will boot automatically and repartition your handset. This process will be shown on the screen of your phone.
But the re-partitioning fails, MOSLO says:
"Fatal: re-partitioning failed you might be in trouble"
What to do? After that, my N9 is dead and only full flashing helps.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wunder Wungiel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wunder Wungiel View Post
After that, my N9 is dead and only full flashing helps.
Do you mean after carrying out?

HTML Code:
flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --no-preserve -r

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Code:
flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --no-preserve -r
Yes, I flashed using this method, and my N9 is working now, but I really want to have SFOS on this phone... Just for tests...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wunder Wungiel For This Useful Post:
Let us know if you install SFOS on your N9, how you like it compared with MeeGo. My N9 is my primary telephone device (until 3G shuts down). I also have a spare N9 for experimenting, which would need the housing replaced if I want to use it with a SIM card because it wore out (I have a spare housing) but I'm thinking to just use as a cool WiFi device with a music player (64 GB) and maybe SFOS would be better for that, because it is more modern. The main thing lacking on N9 with MeeGo is modern web access, and things like twitter and RSS reader and the Podcatcher app (which kinda sorta works for a few things but not great). So for things like that the N9 might be still nice even after I can't use as a telephone. But I'm wondering if it is worth the time and effort (I know how to flash the phone, etc., familiar with Linux, and have played around with it quite a lot but it takes a lot of time....).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dini For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dini View Post
Let us know if you install SFOS on your N9, how you like it compared with MeeGo.The main thing lacking on N9 with MeeGo is modern web access
Not great but have you tried Opera Mobile after updating security certificates as here on your N9:
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...47&postcount=8

You could have Sailfish as dual boot OS but honestly don't think it is worth the hassle, as Jolla browser still poor and having to sort out "root access" and other issues.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Norway
I have an N9 (64GB) with Ubiboot and Sailfish installed.
Sailfish 1.0.2.5 is too old. A lot of HW is not working. No audio / gps etc.
I don't recomend installing Sailfish on Nokia N9.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PamNor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Not great but have you tried Opera Mobile after updating security certificates as here on your N9:
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...47&postcount=8
Wow, I missed that, even tho I browse here often. That's really great. Opera Mobile is the default browser on my N9 and I like it, so having this tweak for it is very nice. It does not need to be great, just functional. Thanks.

Originally Posted by PamNor View Post
I have an N9 (64GB) with Ubiboot and Sailfish installed.
Sailfish 1.0.2.5 is too old. A lot of HW is not working. No audio / gps etc.
I don't recomend installing Sailfish on Nokia N9.
Thanks very much for the advice, and helping me decide. I want to play but still not waste time, and now I think it would be a disappointing waste. Yea, I had planned for Ubiboot, and my N9 is set up for it. I had been planning it for a very long time (dual booting with Ubiboot was still under active development and I was waiting for the quirks to be worked out but then got too busy to follow through).

I thought it would be cool to stick a second OS on to play with but honestly I mostly need phone, text, email, maps, weather, music, and the terminal apps to play with, and all of those things are great. Some things are still surprisingly functional, including Notekeeper (for Evernote) and qAndora (for Pandora). All my email accounts work well (including gmail and Exchange). And spoton so I have free hotspotting

Originally Posted by dini View Post
I thought it would be cool to stick a second OS on to play with but honestly I mostly need phone, text, email, maps, weather, music, and the terminal apps to play with, and all of those things are great. Some things are still surprisingly functional, including Notekeeper (for Evernote) and qAndora (for Pandora). All my email accounts work well (including gmail and Exchange). And spoton so I have free hotspotting
Hi, I'm new here, so which apps/functions have you discovered that are still working on the N9? Just bought one for my digital minimalism challenge

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thisismartinn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thisismartinn View Post
Hi, I'm new here, so which apps/functions have you discovered that are still working on the N9? Just bought one for my digital minimalism challenge
I have a lot of apps on my N9, many now just as souvenirs in a "misc" folder until I need the space. Many no longer work but if I used to like an app, I feel sad just tossing it, so instead I move it to Misc folder. All those that don't require internet, obviously, should still work. Like, I have a calculator collection, for example, and of course those work. Most that do require internet probably do not work anymore. You just have to test stuff you are interested in. Go here for apps:
https://openrepos.net/content/basil/about-openrepos

And read the wiki about using N9 nowadays, tho I find it incomplete and sometimes inaccurate (it tells you how to install emoji font but not how to fix serious problem with text from others that have emoji vanishing without notice; it says gmail does not work but that's not true, you just have to allow "low security" apps to access your email):
https://wiki.maemo.org/Resurrect_your_N9

But this is kinda off topic, so go to one of the software forums (like games, etc) to discuss or research more, here:
https://talk.maemo.org/index.php

It is still nice using the N9 for someone who has had it for a long time, but probably hard for someone new to it. I had years to slowly move broken apps to Misc folder (or delete). It would not be fun to do that within a short time. Still, much better than, say, a flip phone, if you want digital minimalism.

Enjoy your N9!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dini For This Useful Post: