Active Topics

Hey ppl. Since the default media player on the N900 is so horrible, i'd like to know whether it's possible to make another player the default player. I really want something like Panucci that can remember the playback position of my podcasts to be my default.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Look in the applications program and into media. There is another media player in there.

MediaBox
(Media Box)

I had media box installed previously and I had some problems with it and uninstalled it. But what I want to know is if I can make another media player the default player, such that when I click on a podcast in Gpodder it automatically opens in another media player, not the N900 one.

Anyone know if that's possible?

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
me too. am trying to beta test tvcatchup but the n900 media player sucks. can i make the mplayer my default for testting purposes? ( i have siB front end player)

I'm hoping that this could be ported to Fremantle so we can change the association

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...7&goto=newpost

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Moved to Maemo 5/Fremantle.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.