The light sensor or something died this afternoon, it isnt working and the screen is working with max bright,i have to push the button of wake /sleep(the button near the pen and headphone hole) every 10 seconds to wake the bright(when the i dont push the button the keyboard works well,but the screen gets black with max bright and i have to push the button again to see something)

it seems hardware error because before it dies the screen got crazy ilumination,
any ideas? I dont want to push the button every 10sec because i love my n900 i use it well,is my n900 dying?is there somenthing that i can do?
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Henrq For This Useful Post:
First thing to try (if you haven't already done so):
Shut down and pull the battery for a couple minutes to eliminate the possibility of a temporary glitch/conflict with something.

Next job could be a reflash, but try running a few checks in Healthcheck first.

If it is a hardware fault it could just be a dodgy ribbon cable behind the screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
I removed the battery for some time and the problem persists
when i run healthcheck on the part of testing the sensor, the program sunddenly closes itself
other observation is that when i try to change the bright by control painel nothing happens,
the screen and the light just stay normal when i touch continuosly the screen otherwise it gets black(it looks like a totally black screen only iluminated by these little lights of the corner of the screen,what i mean is that it isnt low light but lack of video ) and i have to push the button again to get the video restored every 10seconds
what is REALLY BORING...
Bad news my pc is on technical support,so i can only do the reflash in the next 2 weeks or so... can i do the repair myself?

The Following User Says Thank You to Henrq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'm not sure if this is going to help, but you can try to disable MCE sensor:

Disable:

Code:
sudo gainroot
sed -ie 's/brightness-als/brightness-simple/' /etc/mce/mce.ini
killall mce

Enable:

Code:
sudo gainroot
sed -ie 's/brightness-simple/brightness-als/' /etc/mce/mce.ini
killall mce

The phone just go to the lock screen

the screen stay on when i connect in usb massive storage mode,it dont turn off unless i do so with the "lock button".
the sensitivity of brightness was totally lost.
i think the problem is somewhat related to the light sensor and usb.
because when i was accostumed to use the usb host mode function and close the app of usb H.e.n ,the display britness got zero ,and i had to go in the control panel to adjust the bright.

have you all ever experienced something like that?
any solution?

Tags
light sensor, nokia n900