Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
Hi.
As my N9 is a swiss variant, 059M8W6, and I'm tired of waiting for upgrades (no more PR1.2 firmware for this code in NaviFirm!!!), I decided to change product code with NSS Pro to download PR1.3: I have now a 059M8W9, central Europe code.
No OTA upgrade for me with this code, but it worked with NSU.
I just had to reinstall my apps...
Should I change back my product code to genuine one?
Is there any issue with all of that?
(sorry for my english...)

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by Jeffrey04 View Post
for some reason this is taking sooo much longer than PR1.2 to arrive to my phone via OTA still patiently waiting from malaysia for my black 64GB model
Same here...

Been checking like a madman.

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
While I generally agree with you, let me just put in perspective that I have an iPhone 4 for longer than the N9, at the same price with a quarter of the memory/storage, which received only 1 major upgrade (where they added one or two UI things), as opposed to the N9 which received 3 (PR1.1 almost immediatelly, 1.2 and 1.3).

Just thought I'd mention it :-)
I don't think you can really make that comparison. Of the PRs, 1.1 was really what 1.0 should have been. 1.2 did bring new features —*fair enough. But 1.3 is a patch release with really no new features.

During my iPhone period we've received one major upgrade (iOS 4->5) and several patch releases. Another major upgrade coming soon. It's a different model, so I think it's difficult to claim N9 has been better supported. Particularly as no further major upgrades will be forthcoming and PR1.3 still has a bunch of pretty clear issues.

Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
Just in case you are not aware: if you want to re-flash you can use any variant, they are all the same except for the preloaded maps are different. Stick away from the Chinese though, some social services are disabled.

Wont it mess up the country variation on the phone thus no more OTA from Nokia? Also read that updating thru OTA preserves the user data and applications but flashing another variant erases all applications.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
at OP: did you have to rename this thread to an even more ridiculous title?

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
at OP: did you have to rename this thread to an even more ridiculous title?
It needs to reflect the awesomeness that is PR 1.3.

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
Trouble with MeeToDo iconS after PR1.3 upgrade:

Uninstall erase the 2 icons, and reinstall changes nothing...

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
You are missing the words "Hyper" and "Ultra" in the thread name. You're welcome ;-)

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Can someone reading this Fantastic Super Awesome Über Mega Epic thread say me if PR1.3 contain one of the most awaited extra feature, the email cut & paste ???

A++

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
^ no it doesnt

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert