Analysis -- Over at our sister site LinuxDevices, we're always looking at small, embedded-Linux systems. While reviewing Freespire recently on a Mini koobox, an Apple Mini-sized system, I began to wonder, Just how small do full-featured, Linux-powered PCs come?

When I say full-featured, don't mean Internet tablets, like the Nokia N800, or PDAs (personal digital assistants), such as Palm's Foleo mobile companion. No, what I wanted to see were real desktops or laptops that I could fit into a coat pocket. Here's what I found.
http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS4091104225.html

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
WOW! The n800 sits on the lips of many...

The Following User Says Thank You to Sadavyk For This Useful Post:
I don't see where the n800 hating comes in. I see where the author mentions the n800 as an Internet Tablet (calling it otherwise has sparked many a controversy in the past), and differentiates it from the units he is reviewing.

Has this author bashed IT's in the past or something? I think I am missing the point.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i keep seeing people dismiss the N800 for its use of a ARM cpu rather then a X86, and therefor cant run X86 compiled apps.

what i find funny is that the article talks about the eeepc at one point. thats quite some coat pockets