Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
Hi,

I thought that the N900 would actually not unlock inadvertantly due to the need to swipe the screen, yet I've had a few times where I've not known that it's been unlocked because I've uncovered the camera lens by mistake whilst in my pocket. This is one of the biggest problems I've always had with Nokia's (i.e. unlocking the phone by mistake, either by pressure on the keys or the camera lens being uncovered), this can cause the battery to drain really quickly.

Basically, if I want to use the camera I'll tell it so. When I've locked the phone I don't want that lens cover to unlock it, unless I've told it to.

Can we have an option in the settings to disable unlocking when lens has opened?

Thanks,
Luke.

P.S: No, I've not locked it with a code

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
you can install an app called "tweakr".
then go to your settings and scroll all the way down.
there will be a new entry for it.
click on it and there is a checkbox for the cover not to unlock the phone.

http://maemo.org/packages/view/tweakr/
so add the testing rep to your catalogues and download/install it via app-manager. after that please disable testing rep if you don't need it anymore.

apps in testing are maybe unstable and may cause problems. *default warning* ^^

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b666m For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Antwerp, Belgium
There is an app called 'Tweakr' (in Extras-Testing I believe) that adds some very handy extra options under the category 'tweakr' in the Settings app on your N900... One of those options enables you to prevent your phone from unlocking when the lenscap is opened.

I'm using this app for a couple of weeks now and it works just fine in my experience, but standard warnings for installing software from Extras-Testing apply

Dries

-- Loving my N900 and the Maemo community since Feb. 2010!

Last edited by Pfuh3z; 2010-02-26 at 00:28. Reason: b666m was first (almost exactly) the same solution...

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
Thanks for the replies, that's exactly what I needed, also the lock to grid function is useful

Thanks,
Luke.