Active Topics

Hi all - I wanted to try and reflash my pre-production N900. I've followed the WIKI exactly and the flash fails with the following ->

USB device found found at bus bus-0, device address \\.\libusb0-0001--0x0421-0x0
Found device RX-51, hardware revision 1801
NOLO version 1.4.11
Version of 'sw-release': RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.36-14_PR_MR0
To flash the bootloader, you have to supply the X-Loader image

The cmd line was ->

flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_
PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

The N900 IS in flash mode - I even enabled the RD mode.

thanks

Are you talking about a prototype hardware for N900?
If yes, then one answer could be that the firmware package you are using does not support the prototype you have.

Hartti

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
The retail firmware wont flash a pre-production device. You'll need to find a LEGACY FIASCO image.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
How does one go about flashing a pre production unit? I wouldnt know where to get a legacy fiasco image. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
possibly here? - http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

I tried that I flashed my eMMC successfully . After that i tried flashing my firmware to the current state. It still gives me the same error:

To flash the bootloader, you have to supply the X-loader image.

Any ideas on what needs to be done about this?

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Perhaps you should try with a newer version, either pr1.1 or pr1.1.1. If all else fails, try cold flashing (flasher --help will give you the answers how to do that)
i think this x-loader thing is like a bios, maybe you should try asking a nokia service center to upgrade it for you so you can enjoy "retail goodness"

Last edited by Z0l; 2010-02-18 at 15:11.

I managed to flash the rootfs after I flashed the eMMC. My phone now started booting again but now I have some kind of version conflict and the flasher gives me the same error when i try to flash the entire firmware.

To flash the bootloader, you have to supply the X-loader image.

I have unpacked the FIASCO image and got multiple X-loader images in the directory. Which one do you think I should flash into the device?

If I have to flash the individual components separately, which are the ones I should flash? Or do I simply flash every single one of them?

Any ideas?

And also, I am not able to get the latest firmware on the OTA updates. It does not even show up in my application manager.

How would cold flashing help? I even tried cold flashing but it asks me to supply the 2nd image when I use the FIASCO image to update the firmware.

I know my questions are all over the place but that is because I am trying to get this pre-production unit to retail status. Going to a Nokia retailer is out of the question because the device hasn't even released here.

Help please..!!

Last edited by vvk; 2010-02-19 at 08:33.

Me along with a lot of other people have this problem as well...this is the only thread it seems with info on this issue from my google searching. I've tried the latest 2010 bin file and still getting the X-loader image error. Any developments??..

bump.......