Banned | Posts: 109 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I prefer neither for email, my Blackberry Bold takes care of that, and has one of the best qwerty keyboards around.
I take Nokia E71 anytime over BB.

iphone- apps,music player

n900- multitasking,better browser,keyboard

I try both and easily was bored with the iphone, and I'm a fan of the better device, in this case the N900 and I have a Mac at home..jmo

>3g with tmobile. I dont have an internet plan with tmobile so it doesnt affect me

You got an N900 (an internet tablet, that happens to have a phone) without an internet plan?

Essentially your points, which I agree with, are comparing the iPhone as a phone with the N900 as a phone.. N900 is very immature in this regard. Give it 5 years or however long iPhone has been out and I'm sure it will be better..

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
I don't know man, your thread really does sound like you're trying to convince yourself that you did the right thing to switch to the iPhone.. That's what I really felt when I read your thread.. especially on this paragraph..

"The browser. The n900's browser is great, but it does lag when scrolling down a page sometimes. It skips or gets choppy. On the safari browser its very smooth and feels nice. The N900's browser is better in terms of speed and page rendering, but safari comes close, and is not a bad replacement."

In face a lot of things just sounded that way..
well thats because it true. I do think I did the right thing to switch because I like the 3gs better. It may because I just got it so its something new to me, I felt the same way when I first got the n900. I doesnt mean im a apple fanboy or hate the n900, I just tell it like it is. Do you think what I said about the browser is not true?

Banned | Posts: 109 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by waleed786 View Post
well thats because it true. I do think I did the right thing to switch because I like the 3gs better. It may because I just got it so its something new to me, I felt the same way when I first got the n900. I doesnt mean im a apple fanboy or hate the n900, I just tell it like it is. Do you think what I said about the browser is not true?
Dont worry about the NOKIA apologizers................they troll hourly making sure everyone with on open mind is ostracized for commiting heresy against N900

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Apps, Touchscreen, Accessories?

I switched from an iPhone 3G to the N900 after I frankly just got sick of Apple's restrictions. I love the ability to just click on a deb to install an app without asking Nokia for permission first. The reason why Apple hates flash is because most of the iPhone "apps" and games can be had for free in flash form online. Once flash 10 for mobile is released (probably on Android first) then it's game over. I hated my iPhone's screen. Everything I did on it felt clumsy and fat-fingered. I get much better accuracy using a stylus and the N900's screen resolution is way better. As far as accessories are concerned, there's a lot of iJunk out there. For N900 accessories, ebay is my friend.

I would rather switch to Symbian than go back to an iPhone.

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
hey if you like the 3gs better that's great..everyone is entitle to their own opinion...good luck with your iphone...I prefer the n900. That's just my opinion...and as I mention before i prefer a mac over a pc.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Good comparison, but I must agree with the person who questioned your trying to run the N900 without an Internet plan. Did you compare it with the iPhone not being able to make phone calls?

This is like judging Mohammed Ali but not counting boxing.

I think he meant he did not have a t-mobile internet plan, but since he was comparing browsing most likely he had a att or some other internet plan...I could be wrong but he could clarified this.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
GID123 you're probably right, but even so it's not judging the N900 at its best, whereas the iPhone is probably on the fastest available service.