Posts: 20 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ alor star
create new line of smartphone.. i mean open source smartphone. and let the user choose their own operating system... maemo..meego...android...wp7 or else... ha..ha...ha... can it be done? i dont know... but i think its not imposible...

1 i would continue making WP's as high config as possible full hd screen, penta cores, 2gb ram and all

2 a then i would secretly publish all the drivers and Kernel to install Maemo MeeGo & Android on the devices mentioned in #1

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Step one badmouth WP 7 as much as I can.

Step two leak fake information I'm about to switch to android.

Step three get a *****load off money from Ballmer to seel him a dying company

Createa new one with that money and support true open source alternatives.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
Step one badmouth WP 7 as much as I can.
No need to do that. Giving WP7 any press would be seen as a good thing.

Step two leak fake information I'm about to switch to android.
Misleading the board of directors, shareholders and fans would be a disaster.

Step three get a *****load off money from Ballmer to seel him a dying company
Shaking hands with Ballmer is like putting your hand in a sewer. Sure, you can say that you put your hand in a river of **** once, but what is that really worth to you?

Create a new one with that money and support true open source alternatives.
Open source shouldn't need money, it should be built on a valid meritocracy. Problem is... that means either the model is flawed or so far, only Red Hat, Novell and a handful of others are doing it right and supporting themselves.

Nokia hasn't fully been open source. All of their endeavors have had closed, proprietary drivers (can't fully blame Nokia here, other vendors have created these problems) and that's a problem when they WONTFIX stuff going forward and rapidly abandon pricey hardware like the N9.

My point - people are talking in terms that show very little business acumen; more fan based rhetoric will not save Nokia. They made the devices that fans loved - and still need saving. We're (the fans) are a very minor part of what makes their bottom numbers look great and keep people happy.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
I probably wouldn’t have much of a chance for a strategy change to begin with. We don't know the exact details, but Elop signed some kind of agreement with Microsoft and that is binding. Irrespective on whoever is the CEO. From the little we know, its pretty obvious that at least on the short term there wouldn't be any change. The agreement is binding and any change, even if we forget the agreement, would take time.

For a "ready" technology it takes quite a bit of time to get it into market. Think about just all the radio transmission safety work and getting the approval for a phone from European and American regulators to sell a phone. That is 6 months or so and Nokia isn't even there. To hire the people required for change, to have them produce something, to have that approved for markets and to have apps for market and so forth...game over for Nokia.

I suppose what I'm wondering is this: Why does anyone even care anymore? The best Nokia can hope for is that Microsoft succeeds and Nokia becomes the mobile Dell. For everything else it’s too late. No resources left for Nokia to develop anything else, no time left, no ideas left. Nothing left for anything else.

I just read on Engadget that there is a rumour about Facebook buying Nokia. That would actually be good. I’m saying that as a resident of Espoo. Not a Nokian, but still as someone whose community is highly dependent on whatever happens to Nokia. That is how far, or how low, Nokia has gone. It would good, if FB bought Nokia. At least something for shareholders and for Nokia employees.

Fake up fanbois. Both the brand and the spirit of Nokia are long dead. Stop beating the dead horse. It only gets the flies and that terrible smell up in the air.

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Ok...
so I am the new Nokia CEO..
what is my strategy?

First ...buy as much nokia stock as possible ....personally...

Spend a bit of coin...and do a massive ad campaign..
promoting the new device ...the must have successor to every conceivable previous Nokia device.
the brand new Nokia N1000
Otherwise known as "the Kitchen Sink Phone"
(comparable to the well known Homermobile...)

Stock increases...
pay modest dividend to shareholders..

Then ..
Hire the finest minds ...
and the greatest labs filled with the best equipment...

Do yet more advertising how fandabulous the device will be...

Stock increases

Then ...Encourage everyone to throw all their money at the funding kickstarter ..

Do some promotional work showing the advancements made...

Stock increases ..

Do a heart warming promo pitch and get an invalid wheelchair confined terminally ill young kid ...and promote how the device will not only be a blessing to humanity and how it will change Little Tiny Tim's life...but also state that when the device is finally completed "with your generous support" ....then Little Tiny Tim will get the first device...
Big "Awwww" how cute moment ...
Excellent publicity ...
Even more people invest in the N1000...

Do another kickstarter which is the preorder...

Announce the impending completion and release of the N1000 uber device.

Stock increases through the roof...

Everyone dumps their money into orders...and completion of preorders...

Sell all non-essential nokia properties...

Sell all personal nokia stocks...

Fire 98% of all staff...before payday...
preferably before Christmas too if possible..

Return all "rent-to-own" lab equipment...

Kick Little Tiny Tim out of his fancy wheelchair and sell it too...

Funnel all the company funds including orders, preorders and fund raising for the N1000 ...straight into my Cayman Islands bank accounts...

Flee the country to a warm tropical one where there are no extradition laws...

Call up Elop ...
and scream ..."HA! Topped ya! In yur face biatch!!!!!"

hahaha
ahhh...sigh...
I know it sounds pretty heartless...
But in essence the above formula has been going on for a long time now...
and people are still buying into it...over and over again...
with great fervor ...I might add...

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Love it. I would invest.

It would be fun to know what would happened if Nokia continued down the road with Symbian/Maemo.

Me as CEO? Forget that I’m not ceo-material. I’m rather the investor backing the CEO!

Like a cheerleader! Or that fishy consultant that sold the idea to nokia in the first place. If that story is true: Operation Elop!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-02-20 at 19:59.