Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Well, five is impossible. We have already more people here in the forum, who have ordered.

Everything else is right.
Actually, the only number that really counts is the number that paid! Currently zero, although I still am planning on purchasing...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Well, five is impossible. We have already more people here in the forum, who have ordered.

Everything else is right.
Who claim to have ordered! Perhaps all accounts here are just sockpuppets.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Yes, and I maintain that it does not mean anything at all. The actual number of orders could be 5. Or 264,137. Or, indeed, 17,400. It all depends on how those numbers are allocated.

You are making an assumption. An assumption that order numbers are a) sequential and b) starting from 1. None of which has been officially confirmed.
Seriously ?
If you want the last word, then take it, I leave it to you...

I don't need your approval to take with a pinch of salt everything I see from f(x) or anyone else. I don't know how they are allocated, but maily those are only pre-orders numbers, they are not real orders in any way, and everything can change when people are asked to give real money.

I simply shared a fact : I got a pre-order number in the range 17400. If you don't want to take that simple fact as it is, and try to make me say something else, then so be it, I won't fight more...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
I would take that number with a pinch of salt. Technically the pre order needs no deposit, so I'm sure that number is inflated with speculators and people who have no intention of buying the device. Hopefully not many...

Regardless that number is impressive. Just based on interest alone, fxtec team has drummed up quite the response. I wish they did more to get their name out there though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Talked to my neighbour who has a Galaxy Gear and i'm now really thinking of getting one to use with the Pro1, how much of a bad idea is it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Talked to my neighbour who has a Galaxy Gear and i'm now really thinking of getting one to use with the Pro1, how much of a bad idea is it?
Really depends on your use case, if you need it just for notifications, take a look at Chinese brands or hybrids like Kronaby, both are cheaper than Galaxy Gear.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
grab an old pebble still very useful. but depends what you need.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by DDark View Post
Really depends on your use case, if you need it just for notifications, take a look at Chinese brands or hybrids like Kronaby, both are cheaper than Galaxy Gear.
I also was looking at the Amazfit Bip because of that a e s t h e t i c LCD-like watch face.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
I also was looking at the Amazfit Bip because of that a e s t h e t i c LCD-like watch face.
Huawei looks good, but I prefer classic-like hybrids.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post

[...]

All that just to say that the transition to ANSI Qwerty for non-English speakers is totally possible thanks to US International. It might be a rocky road, but the reward once used to it is really something (more characters, more flexibility, more devices). Not everyone will like it of course (especially if having multiple devices, then it is mandatory to be able to type without looking at the keys), and not everyone will want to go through the learning curve. That's totally understandable, but doing so opens new horizons.
This sounds interesting. Never thought of it that way. I do see the use... On top of all the pros you said, I also wouldn't need to fiddle with keyboard layouts on any OS running on virtual machines...

I'd rather use one keyboard layout only, though. (I think) I can only buy machines with Scandic layout in Finland... And ordering abroad complicates warranty matters. So that's a con. But some keyboards can be changed to another layout, at least with some laptops...

But anyways, that's a good point and I need to think this through! Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit