Active Topics

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ WIMBLEDON
I just updated my N900 with this new software version.

I am having an issue with downloading apps etc but they don`t seem to run. The strange thing is that I can un-uinstall them but can`t find them to install/run.

Also when you click on the"home" icon (top left screen) it takes you to some pre-sets WEB-MEDIA PLAYER-CALENDER etc etc there used to be a "MORE" setting/button that has now gone. This is where I used to find quite a few of my downloads to run/install from.

Seems odd that perhaps the two are linked.

Any ideas or anyone having the same issues?

It used to

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
There is no "more" button any more. Simply scroll down instead, and youll find all your installed software.

The Following User Says Thank You to nidO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2010 @ wigan,england
you've just updated the latest firmware if you haven't backed up any of your apps you'll have to download them again,you may also have to check your repositorys as you may need to put some back in manually i.e extras extras devel etc it's the only reason I can think of why some apps were there before that aren't there now.

So why is it then that the software doesn`t show when I move down but I can un-install it?

Doesn`t make any sense...well not to me :-)

Originally Posted by shepo73 View Post
you've just updated the latest firmware if you haven't backed up any of your apps you'll have to download them again,you may also have to check your repositorys as you may need to put some back in manually i.e extras extras devel etc it's the only reason I can think of why some apps were there before that aren't there now.
Giving it another re-install now to see if it works this time :-)

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2010 @ wigan,england
hello alan after you've reflashed what apps are you missing that weren't there before?