Active Topics

Now with the arrival of Palm OS on the Nokia n800/770, the question must be asked, what is your favorite freeware application (or if you want, paid for application) that you put/plan to put on your n800/770?

Share your opinion/thoughts so we can all get ideas on what to get for ourselves

Planetarium from www.aho.ch/pilotplanets by Andreas Hofer. Would be wonderful to port to Maemo.

I am hoping for eReader to show up.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by allefm View Post
Planetarium from www.aho.ch/pilotplanets by Andreas Hofer. Would be wonderful to port to Maemo.
2nd that I love it on my Clie TH-55* in 320x480 - how beautiful it would be on the N800 800x480! Maemo stars in "nothing" in comparison (sorry).

*That I'm never using anymore because there is sadly no need for it anymore, it just lies around in the house...argh

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Ereader works, though FBreader is better on the N800.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ The Netherlands
I can remember space trader on my palm III.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Ereader works, though FBreader is better on the N800.
Yea, but I can't get my Star Trek ebooks on FBreader. I need my modern ebook fix.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Mableton, GA USA
Originally Posted by Bloodangel05 View Post
Now with the arrival of Palm OS on the Nokia n800/770, the question must be asked, what is your favorite freeware application (or if you want, paid for application) that you put/plan to put on your n800/770?
Some of the freeware Palm applications and games I really like that seem to work in the Garnet VM on my Nokia 770 are (in no particular order):
  • Datebk3 (replacement palm calendar/todo application)
  • Calcul-8! (nice freeware scientific calendar)
  • Parens (another nice freeware calculator. Only the non-mathlib version works under Garnet VM, though)
  • Crossword (Scrabble game with decent AI)
  • BigTime (clock/stopwatch application)
  • PalmDB (freeware database program)
  • Yahdice (freeware Yahtzee clone -- good time waster!)
  • pTelnet (at least until I can get a native 7700 telnet to install -- and yes, it does work through my 770's wifi connection! )

I wish WWCalc would work, but its points calculator seems to have some serious issues.

Last edited by rcsteiner; 2007-11-16 at 18:58.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I saw via a google search that there is a freeware audible player (AudiblePlayer 2.1) available for the Palm OS. If it's any good, I'd be very excited to get it on my tablet...

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Wisconsin USA
DateBk5 is the best program that I've ever used on a PDA, and the best calendar program I've used on any platform. I'm very excited about the possibility of being able to use it on my N800.

By the way, I assume that, once I flash my N800 to OS2008, I should use the N810 version of Garnet VM on it???

Tags
garnet, palm