Notices

But the developers should have known it long enough...

The best twitter app I've run on my N900?

Tweetdeck for Android under nitdroid.

Not really viable (esp as no 3G, awkward HW, and maemo is better) but it is a nice app..

Originally Posted by Taomyn View Post
Yup. The lack of a decent Twitter app is the only reason I keep looking at maybe swapping my N900 out for something else. I was happy to switch to the N900 as I was sure a client would be forthcoming, but I'm at the point where 9months without Twitter on my phone is long enough (and the website doesn't cut it).
I think tweetgo is by far the best app for twitter, and is optimised for N900.
Have you ever tried it?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by magullo View Post
Have you ever tried it?
I did when it first came out but it didn't have enough features to keep it installed. I've been following the progress and just when I was about to try it again various issues were reported - however nothing seems to have happened since then which is why I'm worried for ever getting anything decent for the N900.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
Originally Posted by hotzigetty View Post
That's coz tweego is not OAuthified! It used regular auth. And yesterday twitter pulled the plug for regular auth. So we need the tweego update with OAuth login.

Tweego team, when's it coming out?? Really looking forward to it.
+1

The developers have had a lot of notice on this. I guess there must be an update in the pipeline?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Problem is that Twitter have royally screwed up their implementation of OAuth especially for open source clients. Ars has a good write up of the mess :

http://arstechnica.com/security/guid...auth-wrong.ars

No wonder there's not been any updates.....

Originally Posted by magullo View Post
Have you ever tried it?
Umm... Tweetgo(.net), while being quite awesome, is a web based twitter client. Personally, I use Hahlo if i'm using the browser, and tweetgo only when I want a lighter client.

Hello guys, yeah we knew about the basic authentication shutdown since june but we were busy implementing the new interface and the new timeline that we postpone the oauth implementation.

Using oauth we need to change the way how you use TweeGo, you won't need to insert your user and password in the app every time you want to login but you will insert your user and password in twitter's website and receive a token, a code that you will put in the app and the same token will be used every time that the app retrieve information from Twiiter(like tweets, DM's etc). The main reason for this is that the user will only insert his information in twitter's website and not in a strange app where it can be stolen.

The problem is that the TweeGo's designer want to change the interface AGAIN :/ At least they will put all the features that everybody want like DM, favorite, search and saved searchs, lists, custom settings, themes etc. They said today that they want to use something like the N900 desktop, with multiple screens, so the user will be able to move it around.

Sooo, we are waiting for them to give us the interface so we can start implementing the oauth. I know that oauth wont need a beautiful interface to work, but for me, I don't really feel like implementing something knowing that it may change.

Sorry guys, we know how much you like using TweeGo but we'll wait for the designer to give us the new interface before we get our hands at it again.

The source code will remain at gitorious, if someone wants to contribute to the app. I also recently create a new branch where I'll do some experiments with the oauth to try accelerate the process.

Download it at Maemo Garage or at extras-devel

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mikhail_ramalho For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikhail_ramalho View Post
Hello guys, yeah we knew about the basic authentication shutdown since june but we were busy implementing the new interface and the new timeline that we postpone the oauth implementation.

Using oauth we need to change the way how you use TweeGo, you won't need to insert your user and password in the app every time you want to login but you will insert your user and password in twitter's website and receive a token, a code that you will put in the app and the same token will be used every time that the app retrieve information from Twiiter(like tweets, DM's etc). The main reason for this is that the user will only insert his information in twitter's website and not in a strange app where it can be stolen.

The problem is that the TweeGo's designer want to change the interface AGAIN :/ At least they will put all the features that everybody want like DM, favorite, search and saved searchs, lists, custom settings, themes etc. They said today that they want to use something like the N900 desktop, with multiple screens, so the user will be able to move it around.

Sooo, we are waiting for them to give us the interface so we can start implementing the oauth. I know that oauth wont need a beautiful interface to work, but for me, I don't really feel like implementing something knowing that it may change.

Sorry guys, we know how much you like using TweeGo but we'll wait for the designer to give us the new interface before we get our hands at it again.

The source code will remain at gitorious, if someone wants to contribute to the app. I also recently create a new branch where I'll do some experiments with the oauth to try accelerate the process.
Thanks! Any idea on when the new update should be out? And if it does support everything you mentioned, it'll be my default twitter app!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by mikhail_ramalho View Post
At least they will put all the features that everybody want like DM, favorite, search and saved searchs, lists, custom settings, themes etc. They said today that they want to use something like the N900 desktop, with multiple screens, so the user will be able to move it around.
That's excellent news. Since I first used Maemo 5's panoramic desktop, I've wanted a Twitter client that cycled through timeline, mention, direct message, search, etc. screens in the same "swipe left and right" manner. I look forward to future TweeGo releases that might bring that dream to life.

At the same time, I must admit to disappointment that implementing OAuth isn't a higher priority. I understand your decision; it makes sense in relation to the long term goals of the project. As a selfish end-user though, I hate being left to suffer Witter in the meantime.

Tags
tweego, twitter