Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by hxka View Post
The problem is that powedit.sudoers does not contain THAT line.
It contain following line, which is not valid sudoers entry:
Code:
user ALL = NOPASSWD: sudo /usr/bin/run-standalone.sh `dirname $0`/powedit
There is no problem during (re)installing powedit because your package's postinst and postrm don't run update-sudoers to update sudoers, how it's even supposed to work?
Whoops, I updated the wrong file. It's why I've had the right sudoers!

Thanks!

EDIT: I've just pushed an update for PowEdit

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2012-09-11 at 17:39.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Question: is the PBAP stuff supposed to be included in thumb repository in coming days/weeks? Just got a new headunit (Alpine CDA-137BTi) installed today, so... testing time?

EDIT: just pulled the packages stated in the relevant thread from CSSU update, so will be playing around a bit tomorrow and more deeply after i return from my one-week Georgia trip.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-09-11 at 17:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
New update is out, see http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Changelog#T-maemo5 for the Changes.

Note: Install the Operator Name Widget update prior to updating the cssu, otherwise you'll have dependency problems.
It can be safely removed after the cssu update.

edit: using "Update all" does not work.
The sequence is: install the operator name widget update --> update cssu --> remove the operator name widget if you feel like
just bouncing, for all those who read last page only

[edit] for those who already screwed up:
the recommendation is: quit ham, wait 5 min, start ham, wait, do update opername, quit ham, wait 5 min, start ham, wait, do cssu-t update

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2012-09-11 at 19:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the update my phone seems to be working fine still The only problem I had was when prompted to overwrite or diff some changed settings files I could not use diff because it gave the errors

diff: applet not found
pager: applet not found

I guess this is because I had busybox power installed instead of the default version?

The Following User Says Thank You to af7567 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
[edit2]
http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-ssu-irclog/%2...09-11T23:53:15
it never worked unless user installed diffutils or bb-p. Since cssu-t installs fixed bb-basic it implicitly uninstalls bb-p so no diff available anymore. Result: see above
[edit3] https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12664
/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2012-09-11 at 22:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
This CSSU-T release seems to activate the (in this version fixed) stock busybox in case you have busybox-power installed.

Code:
apt-get install --reinstall busybox-power
should give you back busybox-power as default if this is also your case.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Code:
apt-get install --reinstall busybox-power
Thanks, this fixed the diff problem but not the pager problem. I guess the pager command has been broken for a long time though since /etc/alternatives/pager is a symlink to /bin/more which is a symlink to busybox. So busybox is going to see that is was called as pager. I was going to use less instead, but that is also a link to busybox

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
just bouncing, for all those who read last page only

[edit] for those who already screwed up:
the recommendation is: quit ham, wait 5 min, start ham, wait, do update opername, quit ham, wait 5 min, start ham, wait, do cssu-t update
when i got the msg for update it said need to connect phone to pc via nokia suite, then after reading here and seeing the conflict with operator widget as mentioned in the details for the update, i removed the operator widget.

now i i dunno what to next just go ahead with update or as u say, do the update 'opername' which i cant seem to find in list of apps, cud u specify how do u go bout this opername update

thx

Originally Posted by luunaitk12 View Post
when i got the msg for update it said need to connect phone to pc via nokia suite, then after reading here and seeing the conflict with operator widget as mentioned in the details for the update, i removed the operator widget.

now i i dunno what to next just go ahead with update or as u say, do the update 'opername' which i cant seem to find in list of apps, cud u specify how do u go bout this opername update

thx
update: well i removed the operator widget, and then did update, i got msg to add enabler and had a peirogi update. doing those 2 then went to enabler, it did its addition of repos. then gave me update and its all done.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Just curious: Why is it necessary to connect the N900 to a PC with Nokia Suite for the update?

Tags
cssu testing