Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
IT'S A JOKE! ONLY A JOKE!
I could not imagine I would have made upset so many people for a joke! Sorry! Really!
I cannot change the title of thread, so please a moderator do erase it. I will bravely accept any punishment I'll be committed to
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am just downloading "Software Edition 2007 version 3.2007.10-7 for Nokia N800"

(OK it's a joke)

But I swear for one second when reloading that page, I saw version 4.something.
I must be delusional.

Last edited by debernardis; 2007-07-05 at 10:25. Reason: everybody here is hating me. Me too.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
You're out of time... That's already installed on my N800, since it is the "old" one (in fact, the *actual* one)

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I am just downloading "Software Edition 2007 version 3.2007.10-7 for Nokia N800"

(OK it's a joke)

I must be delusional.
Not cool, man. I'm sitting in an airport, waiting for my flight and I thought I was going to need to scramble to grab all the pieces so I could upgrade mid-flight.

Oddly, even now that I know it was a bad joke, I'm still slightly disappointed! Aargh.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain

(OK it's a joke)

I must be delusional.
Somehow you must be punished for sending this post.

The Following User Says Thank You to Toontje For This Useful Post:
Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
I demand JUSTICE!!!

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
I wonder what's worse, this post or some in-the-know Nokia employee who's making up riddles about nothing special at all.

We should be tolerant of jokes, but at the same time, jokes should be in good taste.

With all the things that have happened in the past on this board, and now jokes like this, people may not take this board seriously in the future...spoiling it for everyone who wants to have a good discussion or seek help here. The board's reputation is something we should all consider, as members.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I shall never do it again, I swear your honour.

Though it's true that I saw another row in that page, sporting firmware 4.something. It was on my n800. So I stupidly closed my n800 browser and ran to a pc and reconnected with that, and version four wasn't there anymore.
Now I have no proof of what I saw - maybe those people at nokia had the new page online for just a while - maybe I'm too tired and see things that aren't just there.

So I decided to post this joke... I humbly beg the pardon of everybody for that, and think that a right punishment would be me to flash the 2005 edition and stick to that for a week.
And - this thread should be erased maybe, too.

Originally Posted by luketoh View Post

With all the things that have happened in the past on this board, and now jokes like this, people may not take this board seriously in the future...spoiling it for everyone who wants to have a good discussion or seek help here. The board's reputation is something we should all consider, as members.
I agree with that.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
I shall never do it again, I swear your honour.

And - this thread should be erased maybe, too.
Please... That would be a very good thing to do. Can you at least edit the title?