Im going to call them tomorrow and they better send me a new phone overnight and not make us wait like 3-7 business days

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
they will probley make you take it to a Nokia service centre and they will try to flash it. if they cant they will replace the board. happened to me when i first got the N95. on the third week of having it, it bricked during a update. they made me wait a month for repairs. then the camera lens switch was playing up and guess what, another month. lol i didnt have a good run

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
I haven't updated the device through NSU. It might be specific NSU issues. I encourage you to file bugzilla to give stronger feedback to Maemo team.

Flasher might be the safest way (from my experience) since you are going to develop some apps on Maemo. I have flashed my devices hundreds times with flasher, not a single failure yet.

Sorry I couldn't provide experience from Windows perspective because I don't have Windows at all. :-/

Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
they will probley make you take it to a Nokia service centre and they will try to flash it. if they cant they will replace the board. happened to me when i first got the N95. on the third week of having it, it bricked during a update. they made me wait a month for repairs. then the camera lens switch was playing up and guess what, another month. lol i didnt have a good run
so I guess youre going to go through the same thing again?

they better not put me through that again. i will be very very very upset if they do. the lady on the phone was very nice though, seems like she cared. she tryed to ask me for the details of other people who won phones on blogs.nokia.com and got them bricked so she can call them.

by the way. im never using NSU again. EVER EVER EVER AGAIN. i will be logging a BUG report

they better not put me through that again. i will be very very very upset if they do. the lady on the phone was very nice though, seems like she cared. she tryed to ask me for the details of other people who won phones on blogs.nokia.com and got them bricked so she can call them.

by the way. im never using NSU again. EVER EVER EVER AGAIN. i will be logging a BUG report
IM NEVER GOING TO UPDATE PERIOD lol

noooo updating is very good. it brings a lot to the device. the N900 will get better with each update. but ill be using flasher and not NSU. if NSU wasnt around, u and i will be playing with our MID's right now

noooo updating is very good. it brings a lot to the device. the N900 will get better with each update. but ill be using flasher and not NSU. if NSU wasnt around, u and i will be playing with our MID's right now
LOL but you know when something traumatic happens to you (e.g. A New York baseball player was pitched a ball to his head. Ever since then he doesn't play the same) dont want to do it again. Thats how I feel. . . .

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
If you want to develop N900 apps without device available running, please consider using RDA service: http://www.forum.nokia.com/Technolog...Device_Access/

It may help you kill some time.

ye. ill be doing that anyway. done it before with symbian S60. but this platform is just way more exciting. i just want this fixed so i can forget about it and move on. lol my friend is a killer programmer we should have some good stuff coming.

Tags
lack of quality control