Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Madrid Spain
Hi guys, I have my n900 from March/April and I had it with me in my last holiday travel. One sad day it felt down in the bathroom (thanks to God before to use it, so the water was clean) and naturally it was turned on. I recued it, taken off the battery and tried to dry it. I left it opened (just the battery cover and the keyboard slide open) 2 days and half. Then I tried to put battery and turn it on. It turned on normally, but asked me for the date. Then turned off alone and just stayed so. If I connect the nokia charger the led stays fixed yellow for a time, then just turned off. The battery is charged, 'cause I charged it using a Nokia x6 for charging it. I tried to flash it (I am not expert in it, I never flashed the phone before) Anyway it seems the computer don't recognize the device.
Could someone help me? Ideas? Possible solutions?

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
difficulty I think..

I ever dropped my n900 inside a toilet bowl that is full of faeces....
I dont think it can be boot up and I also dont want to clean up..

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
hmm, you could try put your n900 in a bawl of rice[take it apart first], as rice will take all moisture away. however, this should be done BEFORE the first turning on. There is a good chance a current spike killed it by now.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
mine has taken a dive too

i instantly took out the battery, dropped the lot in a bowl of rice for 20 mins or so. the took the hair dryer and gave it much hot air (mostly from the front as i thought the N900 would be tougher from the front). back in the rice bowl, and after that more hot air (don't overdo that too much heat can be harmful too ofcourse)

altho my n900 gave only a short swimming demonstration, when i turned it on i saw some blur for a while but after that its functions came back one after another and it has been functioning OK after that. i even have got service for the usb-port problem after that (altho i positively have the same set now i dunno if they have swapped the motherboard)

in addition

question
does your device turn on and have you tried to skype or something, and its other functions? why do you try to flash the device? it asking for a date is just normal procedure when the battery has been taken out...

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
difficulty I think..

I ever dropped my n900 inside a toilet bowl that is full of faeces....
I dont think it can be boot up and I also dont want to clean up..
dude......

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Madrid Spain
Originally Posted by 7thd View Post
in addition

question
does your device turn on and have you tried to skype or something, and its other functions? why do you try to flash the device? it asking for a date is just normal procedure when the battery has been taken out...
Thanks for all answers. I didn't write before but yes I used hairdryer for trying dry more the device in the two days. From the first time device trned o, asked for date and tjem tirned off alone it is as dead. Doesn't turn on, no boot, anything. For that I thought about flashing, maybe the bootloader os corrupted... I don't know...

weird story indeed

????
but you keep it still? where do you keep it then, in a plastic bag?

Originally Posted by anjin View Post
Thanks for all answers. I didn't write before but yes I used hairdryer for trying dry more the device in the two days. From the first time device trned o, asked for date and tjem tirned off alone it is as dead. Doesn't turn on, no boot, anything. For that I thought about flashing, maybe the bootloader os corrupted... I don't know...
oof.....
this doesnt give a man hope. if you dont get even a little LED signal or something i think it's indeed what you say: dead. How wet was the inside when you opened it ( i had seen only 1 or 2 little droplets, looking back im very glad for the good build of the case).
FYI, mine took a full dive in the bath in which i was sitting after which it took 1 second or sth to bring it above the water.

What went wrong: i held it pretty much above the bath taking a photograph of my girlfriend but i mistakenly thought it would stick nicely in its case. it didnt and the rest is history. well my girlfriend noticed what i had been doing and thats another story

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
dude......
I accidently dropped it from my left hand when I am cleaning my A-S -S hole......at that moment, I think about 10 secs....finally after I clean up my hole, I change my clothes and go to nokia shop buy a new one...really sad !!!!