Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Maybe it's time we look at holding another testing marathon?
The list is now getting very long (though in fairness a lot of it is a big influx of new software hitting testing in the days following the 1.2 release) and the last marathon was pretty succesful in getting a few extra testers showing up to test/vote for a fair few applications that'd been kicking around for a white and/or were close to enough votes, one way or the other.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
@mikkov
IMHO all talking (Just guess that not many users follow other areas of maemo.org) here evoke people to do testing and experiment their N900.

Now everything is probably crystal clear for people who have been here for ~4 months, but new potential users and users who have forgot this can get idea.

All in all I think that all the little projects what you have going on here need little advertisement once in awhile. Itīs not always bad.

.edit
It doesnīt always get people going (looks/feels like waste of time) but you can be sure that if you are not on view at all then itīs quite probable that no-one knows or will know about you.
True, reminding people of testing list doesn't hurt and it brings temporarily a few extra testers. But is doesn't remove true problems like that there are only 1-2 really active testers and when package needs 10 votes, testing queue gets really long. ( I have said couple times that 5 votes would be enough)

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I do not have enough knowledge to criticizes (do you have thread about it here in talk or in devel? Link it here) current voting system, but i know that activating people here doesn't hurt it. Also what I have observed in some OS communities is that they really need (this might sound lame) ongoing cheer up process (could not invent better description sorry ). Constantly poke users, advertise what is happening and so on. Even if it might make old users bit annoyed

Hi everyone,

I've just created a list of can-be-voted-down apps, please add your negative vote in order to clean the repository qa queue:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...258#post693258

If you want, you can write something in the thread, just to keep it alive; newcomers have to read it.

The Following User Says Thank You to torpedo48 For This Useful Post:

Tags
extras, testing apps