Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
A couple of questions about status-area-applet-battery:
1. What are its advantages/disadvantages against Advanced Power?
2. I get an awful square battery indicator. Is is because of Advanced Power installed? Or should it be like that?
3. What do these 4 hours / 4 days things in the menu mean?
edit/ 4. Advanced Power shows 89.6%, the new applet - 87% - what's the reason of the difference?

Thanks

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2013-12-31 at 09:18.

Originally Posted by Radec View Post
I updated, but not boot. I see a black screen for a moment and device reboot...
I updated in terminal and it ask me, if i want change rcS-late. I choose yes. It was maybe mistake...

OK, i flashed, install updates, recovery applications and root loop again.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Radec View Post
OK, i flashed, install updates, recovery applications and root loop again.
Did you recover a backup or is it a completely fresh system?
I would suggest you have a modified rCS-late or something.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

I was flash fresh system. For recovery I use recovery that is in maemo by default. And i recovery all - calendar, bookmarks, settings and list of applications.

But what is default repozitory for cssu thumb? I suspect CSSU testing I was allowed.

(and sorry for my bad English)

I am listed in recovery apps and I found speedpatch. I recovery all apps without speedpatch and boot OK. I did not know that i have speedpatch in list of apps to recovery!

Last edited by Radec; 2014-01-09 at 22:24.

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
found it: malformed transitions.ini due to nano wrapping lines

My main N900 died while receiving a call. Just squeaked loudly and stuck on vibration. And now hildon-desktop 1:2.2.153-2+thumb0 won't start at all.

Last edited by int_ua; 2013-12-31 at 13:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
A couple of questions about status-area-applet-battery:
1. What are its advantages/disadvantages against Advanced Power?
2. I get an awful square battery indicator. Is is because of Advanced Power installed? Or should it be like that?
3. What do these 4 hours / 4 days things in the menu mean?
edit/ 4. Advanced Power shows 89.6%, the new applet - 87% - what's the reason of the difference?

Thanks
Advanced power's applet doesn't have advantages or disadvantages. It's just applet (albeit cssu's one is replacement of standard Maemo's one, with new features, so you're probably saving a little bit of resources).

The thing lies in which data this applet reads as battery status. AP allows you to choose if you're reading data from bunch of buggy and non-precise scripts, or, IIRC, bq27x00_battery module. CSSU's applet does the latter all the time, which, IMO, is only one sensible option (other than reading exactly same data via I2c, which is more ugly approach).

Now, I'm using Pali's BME replacement and new battery status applet since literally months (with some small contributions in bug-testing, which was my pleasure to do), and APM become obsolete for me as soon as I installed the former. Not that APM is bad software - it was best we could have before BME replacement become real thing - but now, there is no serious reason to stay with it.
---

The only drawback of new solution is fact, that bq27x00_battery module stop reporting capacity values *at all* when bq chip is uncalibrated (no "last measured discharge" data, for example, due to dead bupbat and removal of battery for a while) is uncalibrated, resulting in applet being stuck at showing empty battery, and confusing all programs depending on sysfs entries provided by bq27x00_battery.

It shouldn't look that way, as chip itself have hardcoded "default" capacity value of 2056 mAh, and this is what should be reported (making user instantly aware, that reported data is BS and calibration is required), because role of sysfs entries is to "goddamnit" report what chip says, not censor it - but, Pali is is unholy stubborn on that one.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
The main difference between status-area-applet-battery and Advanced Power is that the former is a built-in part of Maemo whilst the latter is an additional piece of software. In CSSU-Devel there is a replacement of the former which shows a bit more info, making the latter redundant. As a rule of thumb, I use Advanced Power until I "upgrade" status-area-applet-battery to the one from CSSU-Devel, when I happily remove Advanced Power to save space and memory.

Why is this discussed in the Thumb thread is beyond me though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
The main difference between status-area-applet-battery and Advanced Power is that the former is a built-in part of Maemo whilst the latter is an additional piece of software. In CSSU-Devel there is a replacement of the former which shows a bit more info, making the latter redundant. As a rule of thumb, I use Advanced Power until I "upgrade" status-area-applet-battery to the one from CSSU-Devel, when I happily remove Advanced Power to save space and memory.

Why is this discussed in the Thumb thread is beyond me though.
As I received this update being a thumb user and found no thread for the applet

Advantage of cssu update: shows progress in % while charging

What's strange, the new applet show 1217 mAh. Might it be wrong calibration?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
No idea what is wrong with1217?

But, please, move it to CSSU-Testing thread. pichlo is right, it doesn't have anything to do with thumb, and first post state clearly, where to discuss -Testing things, not related to -thumb.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Jersey
Is it expected that cssu-thumb should be installable if normal cssu (not cssu-stable) is already installed?

I asked because when hitting the install link on the wiki I get "'community-ssu-enabler' is already installed".

(I'm currently running cssu but haven't updated in a while, and am at version 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo6.)

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life