Notices

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Does the input lag like it does with the Wiimote?

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Does the input lag like it does with the Wiimote?
Would also like to know this

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
I've never touched the Wiimote in my life, so I cannot compare.
But I do not see any lag. But maybe this is just me. I'm biased obviously.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Ive read through all of the posts in this thread, but it would still be nice if you could mash all the information in the first post, so its easy for new readers to read up.

Thanks, also I would test if there is more lag than on a wii mote, but i dont have a wii mote, so sorry.

Originally Posted by smoku View Post
I have 2 controllers, so I will test the dual setup today.
Ok. It works exactly as I suspected.
Both (SA and DS3) controllers connects fine. I have two devices /dev/input/js0 and /dev/input/js1 for them.

But... Xorg joystick driver works same for both, so they behave like the same controller. The same key presses are simulated for both. I need to prepare separate .fdi configs for them. Stay tuned.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
I see great times ahead

Although I do not see myself carrying around&using any additional controllers in my everyday use of N900 (bus trips, playing at home or aeroplane etc.) I think that this work done by smoku and others can make my N900 an ideal travel console to be used on longer holiday trips.

N900+tv out cable+(Amiga emulator+Speedball 2) or (C64 emulator+Wizard of Wor)+2 two sixaxis controllers=total good time

Unfortunately the Amiga emulator or C64 emulator is not ready yet but I have high confidence that they will eventually come too...

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
I see great times ahead

Although I do not see myself carrying around&using any additional controllers in my everyday use of N900 (bus trips, playing at home or aeroplane etc.) I think that this work done by smoku and others can make my N900 an ideal travel console to be used on longer holiday trips.

N900+tv out cable+(Amiga emulator+Speedball 2) or (C64 emulator+Wizard of Wor)+2 two sixaxis controllers=total good time

Unfortunately the Amiga emulator or C64 emulator is not ready yet but I have high confidence that they will eventually come too...
not to mention the doom, quake and duke 3d ports

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by Siggen View Post
Ive read through all of the posts in this thread, but it would still be nice if you could mash all the information in the first post, so its easy for new readers to read up.

Thanks, also I would test if there is more lag than on a wii mote, but i dont have a wii mote, so sorry.

i have wiimote configured for global gamepad/remote and works great :

global remote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=134FKFT_SKw

playing duke nukem 3d
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs73zGFkOKg

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on May 2008 @ France
does your driver work with simple bluetooth dualshock controllers or does it need exactly the sixaxis model ?
I'm gonna buy a controller just for the n900, so if it's supposed to work, I'll buy a cheap eBay BT PS3 controller (then without the sixaxis stuff).

I've tested it with SIXAXIS and DUALSHOCK3 - both work fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post: