Active Topics

Originally Posted by Matan View Post
There is still a person who maintains hildon-desktop in the community ssu
Currently there isn't - hey, it could be you :-)

it is up to this person to decide if they will include this or not. I do not wish to bother with the technicalities if it is not going to be included.
Well, the first step to having a patch evaluated is submitting it. I had a quick look and (while I'm probably not the most qualified person to comment) I don't see anything obviously wrong with it apart from the preprocessor conditionals.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
any chance one could wrestle a fix for the "no saved networks found" bug out of someone at nokia? or where it never looked at as maemo 5 uses a different system to manage network connections?

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Just added 3852 to the list.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Ok, I put this off for a while as I didn't have time to respond to questions properly (I still don't actually, so please bear with me) but it's about time we move forward.

So: I've got a temporary signed repository set up, tested it as much as I can on my N800 & N810, and would like to invite some beta testing.

Please only volunteer for this if you accept that these packages come with no warranty and may not be production quality, you have a recent backup and are comfortable reflashing your device.

Note also that this is not the final repository and depending on how testing goes you may have to reflash back to the official 5.2008.43-7 in order to install the "official" community SSU when it arrives (though I will try to avoid that if at all possible).

Unusual configurations (eg bootmenu) and N810W (RX48) owners are particularly welcome, as are people who are willing to review source packages.

If I haven't managed to scare you off yet and you are still reading, PM me and I will reply back tonight with the repository details.

To give you an idea of what to expect (and to avoid repeating the same info in PMs):
  • Make sure you have not (perhaps unintentionally) removed the appropriate osso-software-version-rxXX package for your device, of if you have re-install it as SSU simply won't work without it.
  • You will receive the URL of a .install file. Visit it with microb and open it with application manager when prompted. This will install the repository and an enabler package that loads its public key and sets up the package domain with a higher priority than the nokia-system one so that nokia-system packages can be updated.
  • Refresh the application manager (bottom right button) so it will see the packages in the community-updates domain and offer the update.
  • Install the update.
  • Report any issues here.

Known issue:
If you have -dbg versions of any of the packages in the SSU installed, you will have to uninstall them manually for the update to work. You can re-install updated versions afterwards. Any ideas on how to resolve this are welcome of course.

Changelog:
Code:
 busybox:
  * Fixes: BMO#3917: Missing Large File Support (CONFIG_LFS) in Busybox.
  * Fixes: BMO#3951: Incompatible quote handling in Busybox xargs
    (FEATURE_XARGS_SUPPORT_QUOTES disabled?)
  * Enable FEATURE_XARGS_SUPPORT_ZERO_TERM for consistency with
    FEATURE_FIND_PRINT0 (mentioned in BMO#3951/BMO#4248).
  * Fixes: BMO#3957: Busybox does not support "ls -Q" which some scripts need.
  * Fixes: BMO#3968: grep -r can output corrupt data in error message if file
    cannot be read.
  * Fixes: BMO#4174: shell history file is overwritten after every command.
  * Fixes: BMO#4175: History cross-contamination between concurrently running
    shells
  * Fixes: BMO#7014: ash saves only 15 lines of history (increased to 100). 
  * Workaround for BMO#5317: Shell does not save command history / Busybox
    doesn't handle SIGHUP properly. 
 loudmouth:
  * Fixes: BMO#3455: telepathy-gabble deadlooping 
  * Fixes: BMO#4119: digest-uri omits the serv-name part causing
    authentication failure when host != serv-name
 modest:
  * Fixes: BMO#2553: Please make folder view finger-sized.
  * Fixes: BMO#2554: Add "Move to folder" button in main view.
  * Fixes: BMO#3004: Modest pops up even when only read messages are in IMAP
    inbox.
  * Fixes: BMO#3498: Add "Zooming to x%" messages to Modest. 
  * Fixes: BMO#3941: Signature separator misses trailing space (RFC 3676
    violation).
 tinymail:
  * Fixes: BMO#4803: Modest sends empty ENABLE command when IMAP server
    advertises ENABLE but not CONDSTORE or QRESYNC capabilities. 
 osso-pdf-viewer:
  * Fixes: BMO#2150/NB#76448/NB#120388: PDF Reader doesn't support internal document hyperlinks.
    xujun <Jun.Xu@plenware.com>
  * Fixes: BMO#2704: PDF Reader needs more zoom levels between 50% and 150%
    Sandu Gherbe <pursisimplu2004@yahoo.com>
  * Fixes: BMO#2714: Page up should go to Bottom of Previous Page (instead of Top).
    yanghua <Hua.Yang@plenware.com>
  * Fixes: BMO#4930: PDF Reader doesn't use optimal screen width in fit width mode.
    Hauweele Pierre <antegallya@gmail.com>
And of course if anyone feels like packaging some patches not included in the above feel free :-)

The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
LMA Pmed - I'm happy to be a guinea pig on my N800, and if that survives then my N810 may be next....

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Thanks for working on this I also would be more than happy to test my n800

The Following User Says Thank You to migs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Please please please, could anybody build a hildon-desktop package with both "lock desktop applets" and the x11vnc patches for the SSU?. Right now, you can have one or another, but not both.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Installed on my N800 without any problems. To be honest I had not noticed or experienced any of the bugs listed the changelog, but "ls -Q" works for starters.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
not sure if its a placebo, but after update all seems faster?

The Following User Says Thank You to migs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Please please please, could anybody build a hildon-desktop package with both "lock desktop applets" and the x11vnc patches for the SSU?.
It will come (in fact it's next on my list), but right now I'm more interested in making sure the update progress works well and there are no surprises so that we can move the SSU to Jeremiah's maemo.org repository and start working on the next one.

Originally Posted by migs View Post
not sure if its a placebo, but after update all seems faster?
There are no performance improvements (unless you were affected by the telepathy-gabble deadlooping bug, but that's pathological). If anything I would expect a very slight performance loss due to the updated binaries being a) not prelinked like in the Nokia firmwaer images and b) slightly larger due to the added code. Perhaps it's a side effect of rebooting, if you have for example a desktop or statusbar applet that leaks memory slowly over time. Before I started testing the update process my tablets' uptime was measured in months :-)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:

Tags
backintime, diablo cssu, diablo turbo