Active Topics

Notices

Hi guys
Some of you here have already used my old script, the Fast Maemo Modding script.
Good, now here's the product of the evolution of that small script... an application written completely in shell inclusive of a simple Python GUI that allows you to carry out the most important mods available in Maemo.

Some explanations:

1. Swappiness: famous value that changes the tendency to use swap... less it is, more the real RAM will be used.
The value of 30 is adviced

NB: the mod is performed modifing the file /etc/init.d/rcS.
No problem of compatibility with swappolube, but the swappolube's value will overwrite every value set with maemodder (because swappolube don't works on the rcS file.)

2. Page cluster: http://www.linuxinsight.com/proc_sys...e_cluster.html

NB: the mod is performed modifing the file /etc/init.d/rcS.
No problem of compatibility with swappolube, but the swappolube's value will overwrite every value set with maemodder (because swappolube don't works on the rcS file.)

3. Camera Mod: Noone knows if this mod brings real benefits to the photo's quality.. By the way it changes some values of the file /etc/gdigicam/gdigicam-camerabin.conf, activating the ipp filter and increasing the jpeg quality from 95 to 100.

4. Change kernel profile: as the name suggest, it verify if the power kernel is installed ( the test is made using the package of the kernel settings..) and allow you to load the defaults profiles of the power kernel and set one of them as default one after the reboot.

5. Frequency manager: changes the limits (both min and max) of the kernel profile in use.
The selection menu even shows the frequencies currently used.

6. MAG Hildon-desktop: installs the latest version of hildon-desktop released by the big MohammadAG (hildon-desktop_2.2.140-1+0m5) .
It improves the kinetic scrolling, many shortcuts and the possibility to have 9 desktops.

7. Portrait status-bar: installs the latest version of the modified status bar released by MAG. Only the portrait mode works, i haven't still find a working version with both portrait and 6 lines in the landscape version.

8. Custom transitions: allows you to install the best transitions.ini files ever released.. Black Plastic theme transitions, Black Plastic with only a bit of black in the background, dscobsct transitions (the best ones IMHO) , Blue-sky theme transitions ... and a crazy trasition.ini created by me that is nice only with the hildon hardware accceleration...
Unfortnately it is too heavy xD

9. Multidesktop: allows you to set the number of the desktops and their background.

10. Changr Led Colors: no explanation here xD
It should be compatible with led pattern editor.... i guess.. o.O

11. Wifi-Switcher popup: the popup of the program doesn't need the tap to disappear anymore.
After less seconds it disappears automatically.

12. Wifi Autostart off: this mod disables the autoloading of the wi-fi modules on maemo sturtup, just like Wi-fi switcher does. (but the wifi-switcher small icon won't appear at the startup.. even if it is "activated" )

WARNING:
don't install this mod if you don't have Wifi-Switcher (or advanced interface switcher) installed or you won't be able to connect to the network anymore !! (and not only the wifi network .. even the 3g one... so pay attention)

13. Update notification: this mod disables the update notifications... very useful if you use only FasterApplicationManager.

14. MyDocs executable: changes the mounting options of mydocs, allowing you to execute every program without changing the permissions with chmod ..
It is used to install preenv games in MyDocs

15. Hildon acceleration: this mod modify the file /etc/powervr.d/hildon-desktop.ini, setting the value to 1 and activating the hardware synchronization .

WARNING: in some devices this mod can cause instability .. so if you note some strange reboot.. disable this mod.

In the end... all the mods are reversible ... you can use the Restore option

The dependency in only zenity and some python libraries (I'm unsure which xD)

Code:
apt-get install zenity python python-osso python-gtk2
Let me know how it is

EDIT 12/01/11 : Released the version 0.7-2a

CHANGELOG :

- solved the bug about the restoring of the custom packages ("E: invalid record in the preferences file, no package header")

- solved a bug about che frequencies-manager

- added the right dependencies to the control file , so that you can install the package with

Code:
dpkg -i path/to/maemooder.deb
apt-get install -f

EDIT : 0.8 released

CHANGELOG : Portrait control panel added

EDIT : 0.8-3 released

CHANGELOG:

1. added the possibility to enable the buttons reboot and top in xterminal.

2.Added the possibility to set the avoided frequencies of the power-kernel.

3.Added dscobsct + dark background transitions

4.Added the possibility to set the kernel profile "ideal".

5.Minor bugs removed

>>>HERE THE DEB<<<

And, if you like my work... ^ ^

Last edited by Dany-69; 2011-01-27 at 12:56.

The Following 137 Users Say Thank You to Dany-69 For This Useful Post:
aathava, abhirajsoni, ahmadamaj, Alb3rtO, anapospastos, arnoldux, arvind, ashwin, backstabber8, bald.eagle.one, bigears5000, bingbings, bioepi, bobbydoedoe, brad112358, Brian_7, Bundyo, canuckkat, cfh11, cheve, cjp, cocegas, corduroysack, crazy_agent, cristids, cutehunk04, D4rKlar, Damian203, datjomp, dhanurdhar, DJQwamii, DJRedline, drangina, ed_ab23, ejasmudar, elie-7, F2thaK, fatcobrah, Flynx, fmo, fotis9, frostbyte, fw190, GaRy delaMEr, GEONXT, giannoug, humble, ikirk, imacmillan, jaimex2, jakiman, John McClane, Joseph9560, kingoddball, kybo, logicalsid, lolloo, lookatbowen, m750, MaDless, Maj3stic, Marklar, marmistrz, Mart5.1, MartinK, MetalSer, microe, mido.fayad, mihapodb, Mike Fr, mikec, Minhaz, mirciox, mohi2k7, mosiomm, mveplus, MyNokiaN900, n900maniac, nicholes, NokTokDaddy, nology, noobmonkey, osama, panjgoori, phap, prankster, PUNK, pursueky, Pyro1099, Quasar, rabarkar, Radishface, rainmaster, RiD, ryo1st, ryusilva, sajjji, sake, SalmanAbbas, SavageBrat, Schturman, shanttu, Sin, sinaisix, SkyEagle, SoulBlade, SR90, Stonik, Swimm12984, Switch_, sıček, thej80, ThePooBurner, tHMZ, ThomasAH, Tiboric, Tiran, tlex26, Trestry, Turkishflavor, uppercase, uros, v13, Verssetti, visN900, vkv.raju, WildWere, x61, yanness, Yorky, zdanee, Zentenario, zlatokosi, ZogG
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Samnan,Sharjah,U.A.E.
wow nice i will try it now

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ finland
this sounds nice
i have installed swappolube, tracker cfg, transition control, and customize/optimize n900. will this conflict with or make some of them useless?

Swappolube works in a bit different way ... it change the value after it is loaded from the rcS file... instead MaeModder change the rcS ...
So no incompatibility ... but the swappolube value will "win" over the Maemodder one.
No problem with tracker cfg...
Some problems could occur with transition control ..
Maemodder simply copy one of the selected transitions file in the directory (there are the bests for me .. ) ...
Instead transition control read every value of the transition file... i don't know how it works but it seems that it works with positional parameters...

So if i change the position of a value... transition control crashes... and often the custom transition files have some parameters in different positions respect to the original..
So using a custom transition file , transition control could crash, but nothing more
It should return working restoring the original file.

So no big incompatibilities

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dany-69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
BUUUUUMP

Awesome work Dany well done bruv!!

Kind regards,
D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

Hildon Acceleration? Did I miss something this time?

Hi,

I used your script a long while ago.
This looks very good. I only miss one thing. I would like to uninststal a script just as easy as installing it. I do see the word restore in your programme, how would it work?

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
I'll also add that hours and hours of work have gone into this, you really are safe to try it out

Happy modding guys!

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:
Oh this looks interesting, i will try it.
How does wifi autostart off works?
can it be done with editing a skript?

where can get the dependency wget and zenity.... without them i am unable to install

Tags
dany-69, maemodder