Notices

Dont go for c6 unless you want to be limited by symbian's inabilities as such symbian doesn't have a full fledged office editor.

The Following User Says Thank You to tusharmax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Alexandria,Egypt
mmmmm thx alot ,i read that there will be maemo 6 propably will be released next year or somthin n will be no new updates for maemo 5 any ideas?

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Wolverhampton
Originally Posted by heartbreakdoctor View Post
k thx alot guys
Dont let them bully you, it is a valid question. OK we have google and search bar at the top, but sometimes people can give quick short answers that suffice without scrolling through endless pages and not finding an answer.

My opinion is the N900 is not the easiest of phones but has great potential and not experiencing the C6 i couldnt give a straight answer, other than symbian is getting old and that multitasking in Maemo makes office tasks on the go really good. Plus is you cant find an app for Meamo you always have Nitdroid (Android) as a backup solution that you can install on your N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to Missingbyte For This Useful Post:
u mean u can install android on n900? and can u install symbian on n900 or just maemo?

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Wolverhampton
You can install Android and not heard anything about Symbian. Also you have google docs for editing. My N900 experience has been great and have Nitdroid installed on my sdcard that works like a charm. (Nitdroid is not fully functional yet but will be soon)

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I don't think you can install symbian. There is the ability to install ubuntu.

Maemo6 is not coming fullstop, instead Meego is available to tinker with, however currently the call functionality is not 100%.

As mentioned earlier you can install EasyDebian, but beware openoffice can take a while to load up and is sometimes hardwork on the smaller screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
mmmmm thx alot guys, am sure isa gna buy n900 u guys make nokia better i love the maemo talk n thx for rapid replies

The Following User Says Thank You to heartbreakdoctor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Another great thing about the N900 is the great qwerty keyboard so you can type words out in full instead of using 'txt' language

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
true am not convinced with buyin mobile with touch screen without qwerty keyboard its like ur havin legs with no arms loool

The Following User Says Thank You to heartbreakdoctor For This Useful Post:
excuse me guys i read on nokia that n900 display colors r only 65k so wat do u think?and y isnt it 16 milion like all new nokias

Tags
google ffs, heeelp plzzzzzz, prima donna, search as*hole, spelling, stop enabling, the noobs, troll troll, troll your boat