Originally Posted by TomJac View Post
Where can we donate for you? :-)
I think it's a bit early for that. First let me build something which actually works Although if you really want to you can still find a donation link in Smokus Pebbled thread. As I posted a PayPal donation link there after popular demand for the timeline/notifications integration.

Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
No pressure, but do you have any sort of eta on a first release? There are quote a few of us that are quite keen to expand the use of our pebbles
No ETA yet. After two weeks of almost full time development (as I had some days of from my daytime job), I only spend a few hours on it the last two weeks after that. As it's also hard to find motivation and time to work on it after already having spend 8 hours on programming on my daytime job.

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
I'd start a new program too. The Time is too different, as usual, and I know the complications of having a single program supporting many smartwatches.
Actually there aren't that many differences. The only breakages are related to the unlimited apps feature and the timeline/notifications. When using the PT(S) with Smokus Pebbled it actually still sends the now legacy commands when it starts and stops an app, which means JSKit still works (but you do need to manually put the pbw file in the /apps/ directory of pebbled). But I also didn't like the implementation. As all messages were build and read using the binary messages. My implementation looks like the way it is build in libpebble2, using classes which represent the messages, which IMHO is a lot cleaner to use.

It would be more worrysome to me if you don't use libwatchfish for that at least. It's about time we start sharing the common parts of the different Sailfish smartwatch support programs, and why not start with notification support, since there's a shitton ways to get it wrong? (see the older issues such as pebbled "eating" jolla notifications).
I actually based the notification work on your code. Although I did modify it a bit. Changed the coding style to my likings, and I convert the messages to a QVariant instead of a class. But I didn't use/fork libwatchfish, just copied the code over into my project.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by RobertMe View Post
Actually there aren't that many differences. The only breakages are related to the unlimited apps feature and the timeline/notifications. When using the PT(S) with Smokus Pebbled it actually still sends the now legacy commands when it starts and stops an app, which means JSKit still works (but you do need to manually put the pbw file in the /apps/ directory of pebbled).
Oh, I am not thinking protocol, but rather interaction model. In the older Pebble FW, the UI program should be more like a control panel, able to install or remove Pebble programs, slots, etc. For new Pebbles the watch is smarter and handles most of the stuff, including pulling binaries from the phone as required. So the phone program is dumber.

In fact, it could just be a browser to the Pebble store.

(They removed the ability to sort the menu from the watch, so that's not entirely true, though).

In any case, it changes entirely the design of the UI program and the way it communicates with the daemon.

But I also didn't like the implementation. As all messages were build and read using the binary messages. My implementation looks like the way it is build in libpebble2, using classes which represent the messages, which IMHO is a lot cleaner to use.
Personally I wouldn't fork it just because of this, since it's not like messages are hard to decode to begin with, there are many message formats, and most of them are specific to a single endpoint only. So one ends up with a shitton of classes to replace a single 3-line function that most probably would never change for the entire lifetime of the watch.

But oh well.

Changed the coding style to my likings, and I convert the messages to a QVariant instead of a class. But I didn't use/fork libwatchfish, just copied the code over into my project.
Oh well x2.

By the way they use Nuance non-HTTP for the voice API, so we can pretty much forget about it.

Also, Allerta have mentioned they plan to publish the same software they use on the Time to the original Pebble, so that means that eventually even the older Pebbles would stop working with the original program.

(Note that, if they're still the same Allerta, they will never actually update the older Pebbles, just constantly promise the update is a few months away until everyone forgets about it).

Open beta starts in December, apparently.

http://www.wareable.com/Pebble/timel...steel-december

Make of that what you will

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Are we any closer to having something to play woth RobertMe? I paired my pebble time to my blackberry priv and realised all the functionality the jolla is missing out on (even just being able to review full notification content on the watch).

I am probably going to stick with the Jolla, so an update would be great

The Following User Says Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Belgium
Some updates would be great,

I don't use my pebble at all because of still the boring watchface... I better sell it if watchface not working :-/

Unfortunately like Jolla, it seems this is dead. I've put my Jolla and Pebble on ebay and time to move on. Thanks for all the support guys!!!

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by TomJac View Post
I don't use my pebble at all because of still the boring watchface... I better sell it if watchface not working :-/
You can certainly change the watchface of non-Time Pebbles. For a Time I believe you need to pair and do it from an iPhone or Android device, and then you can use it without problem on Jolla.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
I'd still love to know of a weather app that works. Not sure that's possible where we are... but if anyone's found one please do tell!

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
I use the MyStyle watchface, and the weather works on that on my pebble.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
DIN time does as well (worth a look in my opinion).

I'm trying to find an actual app that goes into a bit more detail, but they all seem to rely on something on the phone unfortunately.

Thanks anyway - I'll give it a try.

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, pebble time, sailfish, sailfish os