So today at 8:00 I took out my SIM card for the first time since I bought my N900 and put it in a cheap old Ericsson. Used my N900 for a while with no simcard. At 14:00 I put my simcard back in my N900 and got a text message telling me to reply to a text so I can receive my settings for internet and picture messaging; so I did. Now my internet connection which used to say "T-mobile Internet" is now "Web n Walk" and my internet speed is capped at 0.3Mbps.

So my question is for those who bought their N900 last December when it came out on a t-mobile contract, what is your t-mobile connection name that shows on the connections menu?
I think they may have sent me the wrong settings for web n walk with no HSDPA the sneaky bunch.

my n900 still says T-mobile internet but on a speed test i only get 0.28mb/s download and 0.42 mb/s upload seems mines capped as well surley download should be faster than the upload ?

Is it showing 3.5 next to your signal bars?

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Is it showing 3.5 next to your signal bars?
Yes get full signal at home.

Strange, have you always been getting this sort of speed? before I was getting HSDPA speeds, now only 0.3 which is a far cry from the 7Mbps I had before. When did you get your contract? If I recall correctly they enable HSDPA for Android phones as well as the N900 when it first came out so you should have been on the Web n walk + automatically. 0.3Mbps indicates that they disabled HSDPA and I'm on regular web n walk.

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Strange, have you always been getting this sort of speed? before I was getting HSDPA speeds, now only 0.3 which is a far cry from the 7Mbps I had before. When did you get your contract? If I recall correctly they enable HSDPA for Android phones as well as the N900 when it first came out so you should have been on the Web n walk + automatically. 0.3Mbps indicates that they disabled HSDPA and I'm on regular web n walk.
I use wifi most of the time, but i have notice when out and about i get slow internet so probably been on this since day one. got my phone last october with mpd. i will try giving t mobile a call and see what they say. thanks for the info..