Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ lebanon
follow this flashing guide:
http://www.mynokian900.com/2011/03/f...-my-nokia-n900
hope this helps buddy

and about the nokia version thingy... just reflash on pr 1.3 dont confuse yourself with cssu and stuff

Last edited by mony123; 2013-10-20 at 17:26. Reason: forgot something

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
[snip] (some are suggesting emmc again) haven't tried that tho
Just FYI so everyone knows - you never want to have the EMMC be the last thing you flash, so anyone suggesting emmc-firmware-emmc doesn't understand the process.

Firmware by itself is good. EMMC then firmware is good. Firmware, EMMC, firmware again, also fine. But doing the EMMC last will mess things up because after the firmware is flashed, the N900 internally moves some of the firmware stuff onto the EMMC, so the EMMC flash wipes that moved stuff. That's why you follow up with a firmware flash afterwords.

Edit: Thanks to the post below this, I am reminded that the internal move of some firmware stuff by the eMMC is done during the boot immediately after the firmware flash - so if you don't give the N900 a chance to reboot between the firmware and emmc flashes, emmc flash last should be fine.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2013-11-04 at 00:00. Reason: Accidentally pasted a bit of text from my clipboard into the quote from Alecsandru instead of writing '[snip]' | Edit 2: forgot to mention that the move-to-emmc happens during N900 boot

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Just FYI so everyone knows - you never want to have the EMMC be the last thing you flash, so anyone suggesting emmc-firmware-emmc doesn't understand the process.

Firmware by itself is good. EMMC then firmware is good. Firmware, EMMC, firmware again, also fine. But doing the EMMC last will mess things up because after the firmware is flashed, the N900 internally moves some of the firmware stuff onto the EMMC, so the EMMC flash wipes that moved stuff. That's why you follow up with a firmware flash afterwords.

I always flash firmware, then emmc, no reboot or boots at all and its always run fine. Does what you said only apply to reboots or boot ups?

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
I always flash firmware, then emmc, no reboot or boots at all and its always run fine. Does what you said only apply to reboots or boot ups?
Sorry, you're absolutely right, if you don't let it reboot between the two flashes, then it should be fine. I should've specified that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Sorry, you're absolutely right, if you don't let it reboot between the two flashes, then it should be fine. I should've specified that.
ah cheers thanks for clarifying that, been thinking has my N900 experiance been odd at times because of this

Originally Posted by Lex_MichdeN900 View Post
Yesterday I bought a secondhand N900. I just upgraded it to PWNPHONE. Very nice, but it's not the speed of what I'm used to have. Doesn't matter, I bought it just for entertainment and educational purposes. But it just crossed my mind (perhaps a tad too late) can I just revert back to Maemo with the flashing method? Or did the procedure change more than just these two *.bin's?

bro, u still had the pwnix image file for n900 ?? could you please share the ROM file