Notices

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
If theres any programmers out there looking to create games for mameo. I'd be open to working on some sort of game for in a category which it doesnt have much. Maybe an RPG or an action adventure game? Anyone have any ideas themselves?

I've never done any programming (only code I ever manged to learn was stupid stuff like XHTML, CSS and the like). Which is why I'm looking for a partner/team. I'm a 2D artist and would be open to helping out by creating some graphics. I'm currently finishing up a freelance job for a platformer iPhone game.

Edit: or should I post this in the Dev forum?

Last edited by killdeer; 2009-01-23 at 21:03.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
killdeer, it might help a bit to post a few examples of your work.
It might spark interest and give people more ideas of where you could fit in.

I know there are a lot of projects which are crying out for good graphical assets (mine included) but obviously without seeing your style people will not know.

Make a nice stall for yourself, I'm sure your skills will be appreciated

<edit>
what lcuk said. Maybe somehere like deviantart.com
</edit>

Last edited by iamthewalrus; 2009-01-23 at 21:37.

Or perhaps make a few themes for a program. For example Panucci has a pleasantly barebones look at the moment, (which I personally prefer), and has only two different screens, so might be a good showcase for a range of experimentation.

I have nothing to do with Panucci except it's virtually perfect for my listening uses, so I don't even know if it will support themes, but it's worth a shot to contact thp on this forum, and have a chance to show your chops in what may turn out to be a widely used app.

Joe

killdeer - I could use a graphic designer for my website. It's not a lot of heavy duty work (a few hours a month or so), but I could definitely use the help.

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Oh, cmon ... he's specifically asking in the gaming forum to help with games ...

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
yeah I might be open to doing some things for apps that need graphics like icons and the like but I'd like to work on game assets since it can be a bit of a hobby. I also offer this service because I wouldn't mind playing more games on my n810.

Only way I'm getting involved with graphic design is if it pays.

Anyway, if you want to check some of my work my website is www.chris-mcc.com It's nothing special but maybe I can help someone out.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
MediaBox lacks a good icon and themes, so if you want to help out, you're invited and heartily welcome.

Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo View Post
Oh, cmon ... he's specifically asking in the gaming forum to help with games ...
My apologies. I didn't read the post thoroughly enough.