Active Topics

I'm not sure about you, but I like reading reviews from GSMArena. They are comprehensive.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n900-review-421p2.php

Things to check out for:
1. Speakers test in page 5
2. Audio quality + camera test in page 7

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
I love GSMarena reviews since they seem to be always fair and not rely on their personal opinion as much as most other review sites...

Btw "A new hope" - awesome title! :-D

Read the comments which were sort of dissappointing. I on the other hand found the review to be quite positive...

80% of comments on GSMArena are fanboyism in my opinion...

The reviews there are great though

The Following User Says Thank You to nirave For This Useful Post:
Great review.

If anyone wants a zip with all 150 screenshots for super-easy viewing, check here:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/194...creenshots.zip

Ummm.... did he say (on page 1, weak points) that there's no fm app? Cos' that simply not true

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yup, but it was not a third-party app review. Even Bounce wasn't mentioned.

i love gsmarena reviews... they really go into details with nice pictures

After reading yet another review (and this was a detailed one), I still have found only a single show-stopper problem for myself: That it's not possible to let the mail client download headers only. This means I will not be able to use the device the way I had planned. There's no way I can let it download the tons of mail I get, through the phone connection. It will be inconvenient enough on wi-fi connection.

Hopefully this will be fixed (there's an open bug in bugzilla about this). Presumably the mail client is open enough that it's possible to rebuild from source - if necessary I will have to look at this myself.

Very interesting review.

I was glad to see that the reviewer had caught the whole "N900 is different" thing, made a point of it, even. Nokia has struck gold with the Maemo platform, he said. I surely hope they evaluate it so. Then maybe they'll clear out some of the half-ways. Like the voice issues, getting the PIM up to their best standards, navigation too, etc. It's good that it has potential, but people don't buy a phone because it has unfulfilled potential.

In a year, Maemo can be really, really hot*. Or not. I hope it's a scene-changer.

* Hot, as in Ipod, not hot as in Art Lebedev's Optimus Maximus - which it already is.

Last edited by volt; 2009-11-27 at 15:58.