Notices

Hi, to all, i am happy owner of a N900 and a WeTab,
some app on maemo are good, and i would be happy to load them on my WeTab who works on meego, since meego runs on N900 there is non reasons that maemo could not run on linux tablets...
Is there a way to make maemo apps run on my tablet ? byby. Frank

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by knarf59 View Post
Hi, to all, i am happy owner of a N900 and a WeTab,
some app on maemo are good, and i would be happy to load them on my WeTab who works on meego, since meego runs on N900 there is non reasons that maemo could not run on linux tablets...
Is there a way to make maemo apps run on my tablet ? byby. Frank
What apps? If they are open source, then compile. And in any case, contact the developer. He will be happy to have a tester for MeeGo platform, I think.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
The WeTab uses an Atom processor which runs x86 instructions, rather than the ARM-based processor that the N900 uses. So it won't be possible to run unmodified Maemo apps on the WeTab. But most Maemo apps are open source, so as Wikiwide said it should be possible to recompile them for x86 Meego.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
MeeGo is not Maemo-compatible (the other way round would be easier).
There's lots of Maemo-specific stuff used in many Maemo apps, that cannot be used on MeeGo. So it's not just about recompiling but about rewriting some portions.
OTOH there do exist Maemo apps that run on the WeTab. MediaBox for instance.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
From knarf59, many thanks for the infos to all, yet i now what to do. regards.