Active Topics

Notices

I'm having an issue with some widgets, on ocasion after restarting the phone the widgets are missing and have to be re-added. They reappear in the location they were unlike when cosed by the user. The widgets are recaller, simple FM transmiter, Foreca weather applet and personal data plan monitor.

Anyone else having this issue? Any know solutions?

Disappearing (non-system) widgets are a common problem, related to an hildon-home crash. Something is making your hildon-home crash, you should discover the cause. Have you installed software from Testing or Devel?

Yes I have devel software and also do a little programing myself, but crashes are never related to widgets...
Anyway to disable that fail safe?

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
It sounds like it could be very difficult to figure out which apps are potentially causing the crash.

If you try to think back, when did you start to experience this? What was the latest apps you'd installed?

Originally Posted by VII View Post
Yes I have devel software and also do a little programing myself, but crashes are never related to widgets...
Anyway to disable that fail safe?
Why crashes shouldn't be related to widgets?

During the testing of an app in Extras-Testing, me and the developer discovered that a crash in hildon-home causes all the non-system widgets to disappear.

Unfortunately we couldn't figure out which app was causing the crash in my case, so I solved reflashing my N900 (however, the flash was not because of that problem, I just wanted to upgrade to PR1.2).

I have all kinds of devel software but mostly crashes are my own fault (I'm writing a few apps directly on the phone and well sometimes I make a mistake).
I guess I'll just have to re add the widgets every now and then...
Thnx for the replies!