Poll: What would you pay for the N810 (USD)?
Poll Options
What would you pay for the N810 (USD)?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
A little unofficial poll to gauge the interest... amounts are in US dollars.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
The full price is fine for me IF it has 2 SDHC slots :P I have more than a dozen SD cards with at least half a dozen 4 and 8GB SDHCs that I can't use with the n810.

As is (with a single microSD) I'll buy one when it hits $300-350.

Until I actually see and touch one, it's hard to gauge the price to pay for this device. Obviously the people that are buying this device will compare to the other devices out there. HP Ipaqs and Iphones will cost in the range of 300 to 500 dollars. So the lower end of the range would be nice. As always, with consumers, lower is better.

I'd go up to 400 for it.
I'd be willing to go up to 500 or 600 for a device in this form-factor though. It's just that the amazing functionality/dollar of the n800's current price raises my expectations for what I deserve for $400.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
The N800 is a bit about 200 right now (220-250). Let's say 250. The n810 is supposed to be a companion...a complement... Therefore I would expect the 810 to be near the n800 in price since it's not meant to REPLACE it, merely add more choices to the market. 300-350 (my vote) would be ideal, since it is around 50-100 $ above the current N800 price. The upgrade of 50-100 $ more than covers.... a hardware keyboard and GPS?

Comments?

(all numbers stated above are in declining USDs)

Good points, Roc and jzencovich.

I was hoping it would fall in line with the original price of the 800, 350-400 I believe.

I don't own an NIT yet but have been thinking about it for a while. I'd rather go this route then replace my aged iPod (has dead battery) with an iPod from the current models.

I do like the look of the 810 but will have to consider if the smaller form, gps and keyboard are worth the difference with the current price for the 800.

I guess it might make a difference if I could play with one and sell myself on it. Not sure when I will get that chance. Do we expect them to show up at Fry's or Comp USA?

Also, have they announced when the device will be available. I've missed that so far.

Last edited by Grover; 2007-10-18 at 17:17. Reason: fixed spelling etc

The poll is taking on a normal distribution-- no surprise given that the option extremes are balanced.

Grover, I am sure they will be in Nokia flagship stores (which are still few and far between) but at this point I cannot answer much regarding general retail. But CompUSA is a nonfactor IMO with its reduced store count and Fry's has not exactly positioned the tablets well...

Oh, the availability is mid November.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
They should open a flag store in Montreal... I feel so at home when I look around downtown.... almost everyone has a Nokia cell! it used to be RAZRs, but they're getting few and far between.

I wish Nokia would open up something here

I don't think any stores have positioned the tablet well.
You really have to be looking for the tablet in a store to find it. And the typical consumer electronics stores in Southern Cali don't have it in the inventory. Most of the tablets are probably moved through internet retailers than anything.

That is fine with me, I don't buy much from best buys or circuit city anyway.