Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Eldar is the guy who reviewed N900 first and later started talking about samsung will kill N900 with their 2011 device.
thanks! I predict that some Nokia 2011 device will kill the N900. So let's wait two more years.

the H1 is probably more a direct N920 competitor, if someone can port an open Linux to it.

Samsung is a hardware manufactuer, and no one can deny that they are capable of wonderful hardware.

However, a phone must be well-balanced between both the hardware and the software, and in this case it's the software that can (although doesn't have to) be the possible limitation.

See Samsung's Iphone 3GS for reference: it has great hardware made by Samsung, but the locked-down Apple software completely ruined it.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Minuses:
No keyboard
Not charged via USB
No dpad on the face
Opera

Not necessarily a minus, but a hurdle to adoption (for me, at least):
I have no idea what things that version of Linux allows or doesn't -- terminal window? OpenSSH? other SSH (not PuTTY!)? etc.

Originally Posted by c0rt3x View Post
Samsung is a hardware manufactuer, and no one can deny that they are capable of wonderful hardware.

However, a phone must be well-balanced between both the hardware and the software, and in this case it's the software that can (although doesn't have to) be the possible limitation.

See Samsung's Iphone 3GS for reference: it has great hardware made by Samsung, but the locked-down Apple software completely ruined it.
They are doing the thing that Nokia was doing back in 2006-2008 and controlling with great hardware. Actually Samsung have had so many good phones lately that i can't even remember them all, thought nothing big recently. Eldar have said that they will have new wave of high end phones next year in time for N920

At least for me they still are missing the final polish and i don't really like their designs(this goes for H1 too imo).
Still my Omnia HD has worked great and one of the rare good looking Samsungs i have found.

Last edited by tissot; 2009-11-13 at 18:10.