Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
i think folks are overhyping or overhoping for mhl over microusb, especially on a nokia which also charges and pc suite and mass storage and modem and usb otg over microusb..

would i rather play a video file to tv from a usb drive or have mhl hdmi output?
Video is one thing, but this is also about docking this little computer with an external monitor.
To present anything N9 does on a big screen.

-N8 has HDMI for entertainment purpose
-E7 has HDMI for business presentation reasons
-N9 has no HDMI, maybe for design reasons but almost certain to reserve the candy for the WP7 version.

As far as video is concerned: in my case N8 saved the day when divx playback from Snow Leopard OSX + VLC was too shoppy. N8 provided much better decoding, colors and nicer subtitle rendering, no tweaking needed.
TV video decoding being limited to (Pana plasma 2009)

i have read in here almost all postings
i've see some people wanted to have hardware keyboard,hdmi,fm trasmitter and so on

about the keyboard, sorry guys may have to wait for the n950

i guess if meego wants to keep selling this nice N9 will have to add some of the other features later on

what i see from this N9... is that is been design for the mass and normal mobile users and not for pure experts or mobile freaks i guess

personal i have no knowlege about hacking... but i will NOT go for a wp7
is just my feeling say NO
i will go for the N9 hoping meego or some hacker will add some features or apps later on

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Video is one thing, but this is also about docking this little computer with an external monitor.
To present anything N9 does on a big screen.

-N8 has HDMI for entertainment purpose
-E7 has HDMI for business presentation reasons
-N9 has no HDMI, maybe for design reasons but almost certain to reserve the candy for the WP7 version.

As far as video is concerned: in my case N8 saved the day when divx playback from Snow Leopard OSX + VLC was too shoppy. N8 provided much better decoding, colors and nicer subtitle rendering, no tweaking needed.
TV video decoding being limited to (Pana plasma 2009)
oh, I definitely wish it had hdmi, an hdmi port. I just think the micro usb is a little over loaded. not a big fan of mhl really I guess

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by babis3g View Post
about the keyboard, sorry guys may have to wait for the n950
don't hold your breath, you will turn cyan

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Halifax
This article http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/...ia-n9-imaging/ just gave me a lot of perspective and respect in regards to the hardware manufacturing of the n9. After reading this it is really remarkable who the camera has as many features as it does in such a tight, snug, and elegant body. They explain that 12mp was too big a module to include and maintain the elegant design of the n9. So whoever is complaining about the camera and any other features such as hdmi, consider how that may have changed the overall shape of the unibody that is impressing everyone. Great job to Nokia!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Maj3stic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dansus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Maj3stic View Post
This article http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/...ia-n9-imaging/ just gave me a lot of perspective and respect in regards to the hardware manufacturing of the n9. After reading this it is really remarkable who the camera has as many features as it does in such a tight, snug, and elegant body. They explain that 12mp was too big a module to include and maintain the elegant design of the n9. So whoever is complaining about the camera and any other features such as hdmi, consider how that may have changed the overall shape of the unibody that is impressing everyone. Great job to Nokia!
Ok with me if they did it to make it look cooler but I would prefer something that had more features at the expense of looking a little clunky...

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Halifax
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Ok with me if they did it to make it look cooler but I would prefer something that had more features at the expense of looking a little clunky...
Yeah I know what you mean like most people ask me how I deal with my clunky n900 and i said i don't mind it fits in my pocket and does everything I want, it's a mobile device to me more than a phone. Nokia is trying to appeal to the mass market which likes sleek devices as the trend seems to be and hence why the beautiful design that is the n9 formed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maj3stic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Maj3stic View Post
Yeah I know what you mean like most people ask me how I deal with my clunky n900 and i said i don't mind it fits in my pocket and does everything I want, it's a mobile device to me more than a phone. Nokia is trying to appeal to the mass market which likes sleek devices as the trend seems to be and hence why the beautiful design that is the n9 formed.
Design is ok as a bonus.
If Nokia really felt out of options and decided to appeal mass market by design over features why they didn't release the

N950 as consumer device immediately and
N9 as media demo (vs developper) device to selected journalists 1nd bloggers first?

After a couple of months, a few online petitions 'Nokia bring the N9 to the consumers already, we don't need a keyboard' , the sexy device would be released right before iPhone 5.

Why not? ah it starts with an E.

I wonder if I would bother typing this nonsense if I had an N9 instead of N900.

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Design is ok as a bonus.
If Nokia really felt out of options and decided to appeal mass market by design over features why they didn't release the

N950 as consumer device immediately and
N9 as media demo (vs developper) device to selected journalists 1nd bloggers first?

After a couple of months, a few online petitions 'Nokia bring the N9 to the consumers already, we don't need a keyboard' , the sexy device would be released right before iPhone 5.

Why not? ah it starts with an E.

I wonder if I would bother typing this nonsense if I had an N9 instead of N900.
At least you can conveniently blame anything on one person. A Canadian even.

But yeah, I think you would bother, considering that I have bothered to post most of my nonsense on the N9 (in portrait, big keys are overrated).

The Following User Says Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????