Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I've used External Keyboard Helper to remap keys on my Gemini to support phonetic Cyrillic (works with some downsides). One of the best features is the hardware keys tester which tests what keycode the pressed button produces - might be helpful for the camera button or other uses.
That would be particularly helpful to write extra xkb configs, like something close to intl-us which I think would be very useful.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I've used External Keyboard Helper to remap keys on my Gemini
That app sniffs the keycodes correctly but anything i change is not working.
Like some setting overrides the changes.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
That app sniffs the keycodes correctly but anything i change is not working.
Like some setting overrides the changes.
Unfortunately can't take a look yet. Was working okay on the Gemini.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Lots of garbage to sift through on the fxtec forum but long story short, they shipped the second batch and third batch is on the way. They're working through about 10-20% of preorders per week, meaning it could take between 5-10 weeks to fill them all.
In other words it's unlikely they have general availability before Christmas and be prepared to wait at least another month or two...

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Lots of garbage to sift through on the fxtec forum but long story short, they shipped the second batch and third batch is on the way. They're working through about 10-20% of preorders per week, meaning it could take between 5-10 weeks to fill them all.
In other words it's unlikely they have general availability before Christmas and be prepared to wait at least another month or two...
Not the EU part yet, but I didn't fully understand what Erik replied about EU customers in the second batch (if anyone has an idea, please let me know).

In any case, it is shaping up nicely. Sure, it will take some time before everyone has a Proš, but the most important is to see signs that the company is doing good and not struggling with funding issues. Continuous batches is a very good sign.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Do they have anywhere how many devices have been ordered already? Would like to know how big the community is getting.

And now I think it could be a wise move if someone would make in maemo forum an F(x)Tec Pro1 part and all this hardware issues, bugs, workarounds and so on would be pointed there instead of this thread.

Anyone to support this idea? And is there anyone who could do it?

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
People on Fxtec forum seemed to be really upset when Fxtec told that there will be no protective case, at least included to preorder and they have decided to replace it with the sleeve. Personally I was not surprised at all; I'm not a designer of anything but I find it very difficult to imagine such a case on a device like Pro1. Sure, there were otterbox etc for n900, but the design of Pro1 is different in many ways. The hinge mechanism is different and display is tilted when keyboard is out. Also the phone is overalla much thinner and smoother shape, which makes attaching the halves of the case very difficult. At least without screws or glue.

So I felt the whole case thing quite uninteresting. Couldn't even imagine why I'd need domething like that, until today. Today I went to my garage to do some car service/building. I only had some mostly clean jobs to do (mostly wiring under dashboard), but still it felt so wrong having the Pro1 just lying around. With n900 I had no problem with it; even felt fine to do some quick internet searching with greasy rubber gloves on, but couldn't imagine doing the same with the Pro1. At least as the device is this new But a protective case doesn't feel so useless anymore

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
People on Fxtec forum seemed to be really upset when Fxtec told that there will be no protective case, at least included to preorder and they have decided to replace it with the sleeve. Personally I was not surprised at all; I'm not a designer of anything but I find it very difficult to imagine such a case on a device like Pro1. Sure, there were otterbox etc for n900, but the design of Pro1 is different in many ways. The hinge mechanism is different and display is tilted when keyboard is out. Also the phone is overalla much thinner and smoother shape, which makes attaching the halves of the case very difficult. At least without screws or glue.

So I felt the whole case thing quite uninteresting. Couldn't even imagine why I'd need domething like that, until today. Today I went to my garage to do some car service/building. I only had some mostly clean jobs to do (mostly wiring under dashboard), but still it felt so wrong having the Pro1 just lying around. With n900 I had no problem with it; even felt fine to do some quick internet searching with greasy rubber gloves on, but couldn't imagine doing the same with the Pro1. At least as the device is this new But a protective case doesn't feel so useless anymore
https://i.imgur.com/bXp2XBc.jpg
The Pro1 is very similar to the N97 and that one had a flip case. But TBH as the Pro1 is pretty much twice the size of the N97 something like a leather flip case is gonna be cumbersome with it flapping about when it's open.
I'll see what the sleeve is like and decide from there. They are already available on Amazon and Ebay.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Clove Technology have now said they are expecting stock in on Dec 12. There's no info on how many orders they have taken. But I don't think I'll see mine before Christmas.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
With n900 I had no problem with it; even felt fine to do some quick internet searching with greasy rubber gloves on, but couldn't imagine doing the same with the Pro1.
Eh no, rubber gloves wouldn't work on resistive screen as they do on N900!
Ahhh, the good old pressure sensitive screen...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit