Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
Just got home from thanksgiving, have killer heartburn (and I didn't eat much!) and we have no... anti heartburn (antacid?) medicine. It's late, I'll get back to you tomorrow on the gconf tweak.
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Added support for dropbear. If you long press the ssh widget it will cycle between openssh and dropbear. Let me know if it starts/stops the service and displays the correct size and number of clients.
Thanks. Version mentioned in post #180 does start/restart dropbear and report its total memory usage. It does not, however, display number of client (not that I would care).

In addition that gconf for power button behaviour I mentioned before, here's another "mimic the behaviour of original systemui" feature request: Catch and suppress input device events (namely mouse press/release events) when the screen is off but not locked. Right now, if the screen is dimmed but not locked, tapping the screen to turn it on can potentially close running application or worse.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
I think I'm going to reflash my tablet. That dynamic ... message 'cant print backtrace' refuses to load leafpad for me, and apparently nano isn't in the repos. The instability of this program (i think) is ruining the use of this device.... Something with the charger crashes it. It doesn't crash if it's not on the charger, but plug it in, and it crashes so much. Even if it's at the lock screen (after crash reboot, does not invoke 'started on charger')
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

The Following User Says Thank You to Mgamerz For This Useful Post:
advanced-systemui (0.4.0)
  • fix: brightness and volume increment buttons were responding to all touch events
  • fix: mute button was changing on down event instead of up event
  • fix: clicking the last 3 pixels in process viewer would select offscreen process
  • fix: process viewer would stop refreshing if long pressed or a drag ended up back at the beginning
  • fix: long press will now highlight/unhighlight as finger is dragged in and out of a button
  • fix: changes in service size will now cause widget to refresh
  • fix: shutting down while on charger now enters minimal UI mode
  • reduced process viewer flicker and made minor cosmetic changes
  • improved brightness slider dragging by changing motion delay from 100ms to 500ms
  • increased brightness of volume/brightness step buttons when active and dimmed when not active or muted
  • changed button down timer from 250ms to 100ms
  • volume and brightness step buttons repeat when held down
  • swiping across 25% of the button bar changes between primary and secondary widget pages
  • split half widgets into their own files and cleaned up UI code so all widgets (full and half) are position independant
  • widget positioning can be changed by the user
  • new (untested) OpenVPN widget, service is stopped when long pressing flight mode button
  • ssh widget now toggles between OpenSSH and Dropbear servers when long pressed
  • new lock_and_close setting to hide ASUI when using on-screen lock buttons
  • flashlight keeps display from blanking
  • long pressing fullscreen clock keeps display from blanking, long press again for normal blanking mode

Changes since last test binary:
* swipe to change widget pages has been fixed
* flashlight keeps display from blanking
* fullscreen clock can be long pressed to toggle screen blanking, icon in corner means screen won't blank
* a timer appears in lock button when attempting to blank the screen after flashlight or clock has prevented screen blanking
* dropbear widget shows number of clients and can't be stopped until all clients disconnect
* shutting down while on charger now returns to minimal UI

I'll try to fix the keyboard locking and tap wakeup problems soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by Mgamerz View Post
I think I'm going to reflash my tablet. That dynamic ... message 'cant print backtrace' refuses to load leafpad for me, and apparently nano isn't in the repos. The instability of this program (i think) is ruining the use of this device.... Something with the charger crashes it. It doesn't crash if it's not on the charger, but plug it in, and it crashes so much. Even if it's at the lock screen (after crash reboot, does not invoke 'started on charger')
Iirc, the nokia made software that handles the battery have a nasty bug that results in a crash and reboot if the battery have sudden changes in reported charge (like say when it starts to get worn out from repeated recharges). And unless nokia opens up said code (not likely as they are apparently embarrassed about its "quality") there is nothing one can do about it.

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
* fullscreen clock can be long pressed to toggle screen blanking, icon in corner means screen won't blank
May i recommends a bit more noticeable color on that icon?

Originally Posted by tso View Post
Iirc, the nokia made software that handles the battery have a nasty bug that results in a crash and reboot if the battery have sudden changes in reported charge (like say when it starts to get worn out from repeated recharges). And unless nokia opens up said code (not likely as they are apparently embarrassed about its "quality") there is nothing one can do about it.
Except replace the battery (that worked for me).

Oh, and the "no blanking" setting have a odd behavior on my N800.

set it to 30 seconds and it works "ok" (there is a slight blank and then to comes back on ever so often). But on a setting of 1 minute or more and it goes blank and stays blank.

But the "flashlight" mode seems to work fine.

crap, after toying with flashlight asui seems to have stopped taking screen inputs (rest of the maemo ui seems to work fine).

Seems that exiting flashlight mode using the power button rather then the fullscreen button results in asui becoming unresponsive.

Hrmf, could be the issue with the clock is from a similar source. As i get the "occasional blink" on all settings, except if i use the power button to go directly to desktop from full screen clock, and then go back to the clock. At that point, the screen blanks and stays blank as set in the display settings.

Last edited by tso; 2010-11-30 at 00:26.

New test binary up, guess I should've pushed out a test before releasing the package.

May i recommends a bit more noticeable color on that icon?
Fixed.

crap, after toying with flashlight asui seems to have stopped taking screen inputs (rest of the maemo ui seems to work fine).
That was the new tap throttling when closing dialogs. Power button doesn't produce an X event and it was using the last screen touch timestamp. The screen would eventually respond again depending on the time since screen was last touch.

This feature has been removed until I get it fixed.

set it to 30 seconds and it works "ok" (there is a slight blank and then to comes back on ever so often). But on a setting of 1 minute or more and it goes blank and stays blank.

Hrmf, could be the issue with the clock is from a similar source. As i get the "occasional blink" on all settings, except if i use the power button to go directly to desktop from full screen clock, and then go back to the clock. At that point, the screen blanks and stays blank as set in the display settings.
Added a separate timer to send the blanking pauses instead of using the clock's 10 second timer. Let me know if this doesn't fix the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
both issues appears to have been fixed in the test binary, nice work

Tags
bada blows, bada rox