Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
Without going to the computer, cat /etc/hosts returns 127.0.0.1 Nokia-N900 localhost

Umm, where is the > key on the N900?

Will be back in front of the computer tomorrow & (I understand) will be able to SSH (?) from the PC to N900

I'll also try from another wifi point tomorrow too :-)

More thanks!

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by rfa View Post
Without going to the computer, cat /etc/hosts returns 127.0.0.1 Nokia-N900 localhost
That's a expected. So the problem is not there.

Umm, where is the > key on the N900?
I'd think it depends on the language variant. I have two devices, one with an English and one with a Dutch keyboard. The two have slightly different layout, but neither has the '>' character exposed. You need to use the on-screen pop-up (blue arrow + Sym).

Will be back in front of the computer tomorrow & (I understand) will be able to SSH (?) from the PC to N900
Maybe not immediately. It is not pre-installed on the N900. The SSH package is here but it will require some dependencies which you may also have to download separately. But don't worry, it will tell you which ones. Assuming you have downloaded all the deb files from that link to MyDocs, just run...
Code:
sudo gainroot
cd /home/user/MyDocs
dpkg -i *
...and watch for error messages. Dpkg will tell you which additional files you need to download as well.

I'll also try from another wifi point tomorrow too :-)
OK

More thanks!
No probs mate

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
Blue arrow + Sym = on screen keyboard (symbols)

The "here" takes me to a repository page, clicking on one opens HAM, but after afew minutes 0 Of 180 bytes I no longer trust my connection.

Again, I'll try from another connection tomorrow.

How do I make the scrolling text boxes on tmo? I'd like to put the output of HAM's error log, every line says "apr-worker: ignoring version from wrong domain ...package name...
apt-worker:/var/lib/apt/lists/downloads.maemo.Nokia.fremantle_ssu_mr0_._packages " (repeated quite a few times)

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by rfa View Post
How do I make the scrolling text boxes on tmo?
You mean
Code:
like this?
Wrap your text in "<left-square-bracket>code<right-square-bracket>" , <left-square-bracket>/code<right-square-bracket> tags. Go advanced and you will get a hash (#) button in the toolbar to do that for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: