Posts: 21 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Oxon, UK
Not quite sure whats happened, perhaps a dodgy update of them. But basically I've lost the speedcams_uk.qt file from my UK maps.

I've tried the update and all it keeps saying is "Database is up-to-date" even though the file isn't there, and the POI's aren't showing either.

And yes, I've got the option for them ticked in the POI menu too.

Can anybody post their current speedcams_uk files please?

ta
Chris

ps. I've tried to import tomtom and generic csv ones but the extension editor which is supposed to make them in the correct format, clearly isn't for the 770 version

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
How did you get the editor??

I have Navicore on my N800 but their website says my device code is not in their database or some such. Ergo, I can not D'load the extension editor.

I have 10 or 12 personal POI's compiled in CSV an OV2 that I need on the Navicore to make it useful for me...

Finding a Dunk'n Donuts when I am a stranger in a strange land is often at the top of my to do list.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by the_fbi View Post
All files are available at
http://www.navicoretech.com/Consumer.../en_GB/tablet/
WooHoo! thanks dude.

I'm dancin'. I will post up USA POI's that work on the N800 version shortly.

and if it helps... Once the Extension Editor builds the text and NCE files. Put these two files in the folder named "extensions" on your device then...

When the Navicore product is started for the next time, the question “Install extension?” is asked. After clicking yes, the extension is available on the phone.
>> http://www.radarfalle.de/software/do...427b48bbf19960

Does this actually work for you?

I get the nce and the txt, but they aren't picked up by the application, no matter where I put them.

Also, looking in the nce, it appears to be a compressed version of the .qt and .poi files which I need.

I just think its the wrong extension software for the version I have