Notices

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Oh damn, zenity is not a built-in package? I had it in my n900 so thought everyone would have it too. Anybody else is having this problem?

Anyway, zenity is a way to incorporate GUI into scripts for programming n00bs like me. Feel free to download and install it with hildon application manager or from here: http://maemo.org/packages/view/zenity/
It seems zenity's not in the repos any more but this thread should help

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=956794&postcount=3

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
I seem to get everyting working but can not download the actual theme folder just getting a "Maybe the file does mnot exists" message when I press intall theme button, i have however got conversation showing in portrait (yippee!)

Where do I save the theme folder, in the same folder as the conversation modder? Also do I need to unzip the theme folder or not before I save to the phone?

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
I seem to get everyting working but can not download the actual theme folder just getting a "Maybe the file does mnot exists" message when I press intall theme button, i have however got conversation showing in portrait (yippee!)

Where do I save the theme folder, in the same folder as the conversation modder? Also do I need to unzip the theme folder or not before I save to the phone?
you can save the theme ".zip" file anywhere. And, you donot need to unzip it. Just chose the zip file with the app.

It seems zenity's not in the repos any more but this thread should help

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=956794&postcount=3
The package pageshows that it is available in extras. That is why you can install by apt-get. Anyway, thanks for that link

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2011-03-05 at 03:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
you can save the theme ".zip" file anywhere. And, you donot need to unzip it. Just chose the zip file with the app.

The package pageshows that it is available in extras. That is why you can install by apt-get. Anyway, thanks for that link
Thanks for your help here but I have download the zip file to my Downloads folder but when i run the script it never asks me to select a file just comes up with the warning "no files found"'. Should the script ask for the file or try and find it itself?

The Xterm seems to suggest a segmentation fault?

Not sure why but zenity didn't appear in either my HAM or FAM and it sounds like the poster on the link I highlighted had the same issue.

Thanks for your help here but I have download the zip file to my Downloads folder but when i run the script it never asks me to select a file just comes up with the warning "no files found"'. Should the script ask for the file or try and find it itself?

The Xterm seems to suggest a segmentation fault?

Not sure why but zenity didn't appear in either my HAM or FAM and it sounds like the poster on the link I highlighted had the same issue.
Ok lets clarify things a bit here:
a. There are two types of zip files here: the zip file for the scripts from the first post ("conversations_modder.zip") and theme zip files from the wiki (eg:conversation_ui.zip)
b. You should unzip conversation_modder.zip to a folder in MyDocs. It should have 4 scripts in it.
c. Open Xterm, become root, change directory to where the scripts are unzipped. ie, do cd /home/users/MyDocs/CM/ if MC is the folder to where you've unzipped the files.
To confirm if the scripts are there use this command:
Code:
ls
This should give a list of files in the folder and you should see changename.sh, conversation_modder.sh, convport.sh and conthemer.sh
d. Now that you've confirmed you're in the correct directory, run the app as
Code:
sh conversation_modder.sh
It should start off with a window asking you what action to perform if you HAVE zenity. If not, please click here to install Zenity.
e. If you've successfully installed Zenity, do the above steps again to run the app.
f. It should then ask you for action.
g. Click on 'install theme'
h. It will then ask you to select the theme file. This is the zip file downloaded from the wiki (which has not been unzipped).
i. It will be installed as your conversation theme.

Now, tell me clearly, when are you getting the no file found error?on immediately trying to run the script? How do you know it is a segmentation fault?

I know going to the Xterm is not friendly, but I am working on an installable deb package. I just need to figure out how to et the scripts to run as root from the main menu. Please have patience.

Thanks,
Ejas

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Ok lets clarify things a bit here:
a. There are two types of zip files here: the zip file for the scripts from the first post ("conversations_modder.zip") and theme zip files from the wiki (eg:conversation_ui.zip)
b. You should unzip conversation_modder.zip to a folder in MyDocs. It should have 4 scripts in it.
c. Open Xterm, become root, change directory to where the scripts are unzipped. ie, do cd /home/users/MyDocs/CM/ if MC is the folder to where you've unzipped the files.
To confirm if the scripts are there use this command:
Code:
ls
This should give a list of files in the folder and you should see changename.sh, conversation_modder.sh, convport.sh and conthemer.sh
d. Now that you've confirmed you're in the correct directory, run the app as
Code:
sh conversation_modder.sh
It should start off with a window asking you what action to perform if you HAVE zenity. If not, please click here to install Zenity.
e. If you've successfully installed Zenity, do the above steps again to run the app.
f. It should then ask you for action.
g. Click on 'install theme'
h. It will then ask you to select the theme file. This is the zip file downloaded from the wiki (which has not been unzipped).
i. It will be installed as your conversation theme.

Now, tell me clearly, when are you getting the no file found error?on immediately trying to run the script? How do you know it is a segmentation fault?

I know going to the Xterm is not friendly, but I am working on an installable deb package. I just need to figure out how to et the scripts to run as root from the main menu. Please have patience.

Thanks,
Ejas
Thanks for all this it seems to be, I think anyway a problem with zenity starting, as on one occession it has allowed me to select a downloaded theme but on numerous attempts since it has let me, change the theme, just come up file not found with the zenity folders never appearing, not sure how I check to find out what is causing the problem?

I assume I saved the theme zip folder in the CM folder?

All the other con modders work such as back up & restore theme.

I have managed to update now using your contheme scrip but still no joy with the actaul con modder itself!

Thanks for all this it seems to be, I think anyway a problem with zenity starting, as on one occession it has allowed me to select a downloaded theme but on numerous attempts since it has let me, change the theme, just come up file not found with the zenity folders never appearing, not sure how I check to find out what is causing the problem?
Good news, droitwichgas. since you said that the rest of the mods were working, i figured out the problem and could reproduce it. I have uploaded version 1.5 of the app that fixes this.

It also has a new mod-change colors. It is a work in progress and so far only the bubble colors for SMS can be changed, but rest assured, more are coming soon

Also, this new version is in deb format. So u can now install and then the application shows up in the menu. BUT for now, you can't install with the built in application manager (it shows incompatible application package error, can somebody help me?).
So you have to open xterminal, become root and install the package as
Code:
dpkg -i path/to/conversationmodder.deb
it will then be installed and accessible from menu.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Thnaks for this everything seems to wok OK and the script opens zenity but once I hit download nothing appears to happen before zenity closes, the themes don't appear to change and I can't access the change colours options.

It seems you are almost there but not quite?

@droitwichgas, can/did u install the file as i said? Did the app appear in the menu?

Thnaks for this everything seems to wok OK and the script opens zenity but once I hit download ...
Hit download? Where? I don't think there is an option in the app to download?

nothing appears to happen before zenity closes, the themes don't appear to change and I can't access the change colours options.
It seems you are almost there but not quite?
Can you see the 'Change colors' option? What happens when you click it?

Don't worry, we'll beat this yet! And thanks for being a patient tester.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
real awesome! thanks alot!!

Tags
conversations, modding