Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by racer8 View Post
"The ut api is viewable here"
https://api-docs.ubports.com/sdk/apps/qml/index.html

and one user menioned that ubuntu touch is utilizing QT 5.9 where pure maps may be using 5.11?
I just replied at UBPorts forum. Sailfish is still on Qt 5.6, so that's not an issue

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
great thanks again

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to racer8 For This Useful Post:
There must be something wrong with somewhere... I still have 1.17.0-1 with no maps and no icons... Reason may just be that just updated to Sailfish 3.1 etc... Try to update with Storeman but no luck... Sorry if OT.

Thanks anyway, just one problem with Jolla1...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
There must be something wrong with somewhere... I still have 1.17.0-1 with no maps and no icons... Reason may just be that just updated to Sailfish 3.1 etc... Try to update with Storeman but no luck... Sorry if OT.

Thanks anyway, just one problem with Jolla1...
Forget about storeman, it has some problems that should be fixed.
Use:
Code:
pkcon refresh  
pkcon install harbour-pure-maps
There is stiill no icons event in the newest version but maps should wokrs on Jolla 1.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
No icons are due to the issue with the buttons introduced by SFOS update. I still have no response from Jolla regarding it. See TJC linked to earlier

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
(just another wish) What about start/stop buttons for navigation at the cover?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
The bug found by @eson has been also reported earlier by one of the beta testers for SFOS. To my knowledge, it has been filed in Jolla's bugzilla about a month ago with the only suggestion coming back as described in https://together.jolla.com/question/...tton-problems/ . Maybe, if more will upvote that issue at TJC, Jolla will do something about it. Although, don't get hopes high.

On icon-related topic. I need help with 24 new icons, as listed in https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps.../icons/basemap .

These icons are used in map switcher, as in https://stackoverflow.com/q/52032235. Icons are shown on active map view, so no special SFOS / Kirigami versions are needed and they are expected to follow the similar language to https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps...cons/route.svg , for example. I expect that color use should be OK, but I'll better let designers decide.

The versions with "-white" in the end correspond to the case when the dark map is shown.

Requested icons are as follows:

Type:

- default - default map, as Mapbox Streets
- terrain - map with the focus on terrain, as Mapbox Outdoors
- satellite
- hybrid - satellite with streets
- preview - map used to preview the road before starting navigation
- traffic - same as preview, but with traffic data
- guidance - map optimized for showing while you navigate

Light:

- day
- night

Transport:

- car
- public transport
- walking

All icons are expected to be shown at about 6mm x 6mm sizes on the phone.

Edit: icon style specified
I'm extremely short of time at the moment. I will have a look if I can find some time next week. But I can't promise.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
(just another wish) What about start/stop buttons for navigation at the cover?
Here you go

https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps...d069b8c0bfe4bc

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I just came back from a 4200 km European round trip, using exclusively Pure Maps for navigation, of which 95% on a Jolla. The remaining 5% were on an Xperia X, but that did not work that well due to some settings, both on the phone side and in the car, none of which I had the time to sort out and so I used the X only in cases of dire emergency, when the Jolla's battery was completely dead. In both cases I used exclusively offline navigation.

Here is the summary of the trip from a Pure Maps user's perspective.
  1. The overall experience was positive. Pure Maps got me where I wanted to go every time, although in some cases it took some persuading.
  2. The search was a source of some entertainment. There were a few occasions when the search did not find the desired location and I had to find it manually on the map and navigate to that point. Other times it found 30+ locations, anywhere between 5 and 500 km away, dumped in a random list. It would be nice to have a sort and filter actions on the search results. For example sort by distance, filter by type (e.g. attractions first), filter out streets in Dresden with Nürnberg in the name from places in Nürnberg, etc.
  3. I could not for the life of me figure out what the criteria is for Pure Maps remembering my search and navigation results. When you go to Navigation, you get a list of recent targets. Then you get a different list when you click on "To" to search for a new target. Both lists were sometimes up to date and sometimes not, with no obvious pattern. Even after deleting a target from the list, it sometimes reappeared on the next start.
  4. Routing was another, let's just be nice and say adventure. On a number of occasions it suddenly directed me off the motorway, then join the same motorway again. Combined with rather confusing layout of some motorway junctions in Belgium and Netherlands, this lead to us getting lost quite a few times. While looking for one particular location we got lost no less than 8 times, mostly due to this.
  5. Still on the topic of routing, some instructions were at best amusing and ant worst misleading. Such as, "after 200 m, continue for 800 m". Huh? Or, "continue straight for 13 km", when after 2 km you had to take a turn at the junction to stay on the same road. The straight option was a different road. Or, quite often, it told me to take a turn just after I missed it. Very helpful.
  6. But by far the biggest problem was the battery drain. Running Pure Maps sucks the Jolla's battery dry in about 90 minutes. It drains it faster than my car charger managed to pump more juice in. A 30 minutes drive from the hotel to our first attraction drained the battery from 100% to under 60%. I had to carry a battery pack to top up the phone's battery while we were at the attraction, so it was ready when we got back to the car.
  7. To get around the above, I got into the habit of using Pure Maps in bursts. When the instruction said, "continue for 13 km", I switched it off to preserve the battery and switched it on again after 12 km. Unfortunately, due to the ancient and still unresolved problem with the background processes still running and draining the battery, "switch off" had to involve a reboot, which was rather inconvenient: type the phone unlock code, SIM PIN, wait for Patchmanager reinstalling patches, all while driving.
  8. Luckily, on day 5 (out of 8), I finally found a solution. It was a groundbreaking discovery. It completely shattered my universe. It turned my life upside down. And now I am going to share it with you if you are strong enough to take it.
    Ready?
    Are you sure?
    I am warning you, it may shock you as much as it did me!
    OK, if you insist. Here it is. You have been warned.
    Instead of closing Pure Maps, just pause the navigation, then turn off the screen. That's it. The battery drain stops. No reboot necessary. Closing Pure Maps in such a state does not result in runaway background processes. You might even say it behaves as it should. Wow!

So there. All in all a very positive experience, with a few issues that one could get used to or find workarounds. It reminded me that I had not sent you a contribution for a while, an omission that I fixed right now. PayPal did not make it exactly easy as it did not give me a list of recent contributions, but I worked it out in the end.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
deleted [10chars ]