Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by l_bratch View Post
Is it expected that cssu-thumb should be installable if normal cssu (not cssu-stable) is already installed?
Yes.

I asked because when hitting the install link on the wiki I get "'community-ssu-enabler' is already installed".
Then all you need to do is enable the Thumb repos and run an updata. Thumb packages are considered more up to date (due to version numbering) so the update will use those in preference.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Jersey
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Then all you need to do is enable the Thumb repos and run an updata. Thumb packages are considered more up to date (due to version numbering) so the update will use those in preference.
Thanks for your reply.

I have the cssu-thumb repo and the cssu-testing repos enabled and I do see an update available, but I get numerous missing package errors when trying to update it.

I have attached screenshots of the errors.

Apologies for (a) potentially posting in the wrong thread - not sure if this is a cssu-thumb issue, a cssu issue or just a general package management issue, and (b) attaching as screenshots - I couldn't find out how to copy the text from the dialogs.

Thank you for any assistance.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by l_bratch View Post
Thanks for your reply.

I have the cssu-thumb repo and the cssu-testing repos enabled and I do see an update available, but I get numerous missing package errors when trying to update it.

I have attached screenshots of the errors.

Apologies for (a) potentially posting in the wrong thread - not sure if this is a cssu-thumb issue, a cssu issue or just a general package management issue, and (b) attaching as screenshots - I couldn't find out how to copy the text from the dialogs.

Thank you for any assistance.
did you try apt-get install -f in x-terminal?

Originally Posted by murik View Post
did you try apt-get install -f in x-terminal?
I've just given that a try, but apt-get did not want to change anything. (I didn't use any particular package name, I literally just did "apt-get install -f".)

Ok, first enable CSSU repos, then in terminal try with root apt-get update, than apt-get upgrade, and than apt-get install -f

I've just tried as you suggest, but I do get warnings so I thought I better check before proceeding.

apt-get update looks to work, but warns:

W: GPG error: http://repository.maemo.org fremantle Release: The following signatures were invalid: KEYEXPIRED 1382708562 KEYEXPIRED 1382708562 KEYEXPIRED 1382708562
W: GPG error: https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com ./ Release: The following signatures were invalid: KEYEXPIRED 1349249546 KEYEXPIRED 1349249546 KEYEXPIRED 1349249546
W: GPG error: https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com ./ Release: The following signatures were invalid: KEYEXPIRED 1349249546 KEYEXPIRED 1349249546 KEYEXPIRED 1349249546
W: Ignoring Provides line with DepCompareOp for package binutils
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
(Re-running apt-get update as it suggests does not alter the result.)

I tried to proceed to apt-get upgrade anyway, but it warns:

WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
libc6 upstart libvte4 libvte-common osso-xterm community-ssu-enabler dsme fmtx-middleware hildon-welcome initrd-progs libcpaboutcssu location-settings-203 maemo-customer-logo-203 mafw-iradio-source-bookmarks-203 modest-l10n-cscz modest-l10n-dadk modest-l10n-dede
modest-l10n-engb modest-l10n-enus modest-l10n-eses modest-l10n-esmx modest-l10n-fifi modest-l10n-frca modest-l10n-frfr modest-l10n-itit modest-l10n-nlnl modest-l10n-nono modest-l10n-plpl modest-l10n-ptpt modest-l10n-ruru modest-l10n-svse
operator-wizard-settings-override-203 osso-calculator-ui osso-calculator osso-rss-feed-reader-feeds-203 osso-systemui-alarm osso-systemui-tklock preinstalled-contacts-variant-203 rtcom-accounts-sip-203 rtcom-accounts-xmpp-203 status-area-orientationlock-applet
tablet-browser-bookmarks-203 connui-home-cellular libcityinfo-settings-203 libmaemosec0 libmaemosec-certman0 status-menu-applet-tvout maemo-applet-tvout maemosec-certman-common-ca maemosec-certman-tools osso-startup-wizard-settings-203 status-area-applet-battery
system-services
Install these packages without verification [y/N]?
Perhaps this is fine? I don't want to proceed if unsure though.

Just to clarify, I have the cssu-testing and css-thumb repos enabled.

Thanks again.

Just disable CSSU-testing and keep CSSU-stable enabled, than try again if you afraid

and apt-get update warns are normal

Last edited by murik; 2014-01-02 at 18:26.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by murik View Post
Just disable CSSU-testing and keep CSSU-stable enabled
Actually, Thumb is based on Testing so better keep Testing enabled. You can keep Stable enabled too if you wish but there is little point since everything that is there is also in Testing at the same or newer version. Keeping both will unnecessarily extend update times.

and apt-get update warns are normal
That is correct. The KEYEXPIRED messages mean exactly that, keys expired for Nokia repositories. Nokia is not going to renew them so the only thing you can do about it is ignore them. Just proceed to install the updates without verification. If those are the only warnings you see, then it is OK.

Mods: I really wish there was some info about this printed in big friendly letters on the front page. I get tired of repeating the same thing over and over again. Can something be done about it?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Thanks very much, running apt-get update and upgrade solved this.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Thanks to CSSU team and freemangordon for Thumb packages.

Updated to Tmaemo9.1, so far so good.

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life