Notices

Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
One of the major features I liked was being able to stay offline and not exposing my doings to a not known server. If I can stay private why should I be trusting someone to "just processing the data and not analysing and using it for other purposes".

EDIT: Actually the offline part is something to show off to all those Androids and Iphones out there: My machine is powerful enough to do what yours needs a server for.
I know, and this is one of the main reasons why I've been hesitant with the new update. My issue is that I simply don't know enough about AI to properly categorize things and figure out what the intended meaning is. Wit.ai does not provide any local executable, and so the development version is (for now) internet-only.

I do hope to change this. What I am considering:
I am still working on my own A.I.; the reason I am using Wit is so that I have an existing framework to provide data to Saera, but I do plan to at some point in the next year be able to release this and allow the whole thing to run on your device again. This is partly why I'm calling this the "development" build; it doesn't have everything the old one does yet, and I would stay with that until I get local parsing working if you are concerned about using an online service.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I know, and this is one of the main reasons why I've been hesitant with the new update.
Would it be an option to put both in and simply offer a setting to change between off-line and on-line? Change the default as desired, but having the option for off-line would be nice.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Would it be an option to put both in and simply offer a setting to change between off-line and on-line? Change the default as desired, but having the option for off-line would be nice.
Unfortunately, that isn't possible; this is a major rewrite and won't be able to work with my old parsing engine. I will be writing a new offline parsing engine but until that's done it will be online only.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
While I'm doing this rewrite - any specific feature requests for Saera?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Port it to Sailfish?
(just joking, but I hope you eventually will at some point)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
Port it to Sailfish?
(just joking, but I hope you eventually will at some point)
Wait for it.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Maybe you could try using PyOtherSide, at least for the Sailfish version. It improves the startup time and is more future-proof.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Step 1: saera2 is now compatible with both python 2 and python 3.
Next step: connecting to QML!

Sailfish will be more difficult than I expected; the version of Python 3 in the repositories was compiled without SSL support, and so was the system curl, meaning I have no simple way to connect to Wit, unless I want to force users to install a third-party Python via Warehouse. (A third-party Python, of course, that I can't even install in the emulator - because it's hosted on a HTTPS site, and the system curl has NO SSL SUPPORT.)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
If you are re doing it, the design looks a bit rough at the moment. I would be happy to help in this regard if it helps.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DJJonosound For This Useful Post:

Tags
saera, speech-to-text