Notices

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ lisbon, portugal
this looks promissing...

Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
I got newer libxml++ compiled locally, using Maemo's default libraries (compiled, not tested to link anything against it).
And I think I was able to build a deb of Natty's libxml++ in the Maemo Scratchbox. Right now I'm building a package for LLVM, and after that, I'm going to attempt to compile lightspark in this new toolchain.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sazpaimon For This Useful Post:
Update: I have lightspark built, but without a newer libstdc++ and libgcc on the N900 of course lightspark will not run.

AapoRantalainen, you said you compiled gcc-4.4 for maemo, does that include the aforementioned libraries?

I'm also afraid that upgrading libstdc++ here will break compatability with existing apps.

Tannerlab repo got 4.4 with libstdc++6-4.4-dev_4.4.3-2maemo1_armel.deb, would this help?

http://n900.tannerlab.com/pool/free/g/gcc-4.4/

I actually tried installing libstdc++6 from ubuntu's repository. It worked, but on reboot I lost access to my SIM card and not even a rollback of the package fixed it, I had to reflash. I'm willing to give this one a try, but I'm not expecting anything different.

Alternatively, I'm going to try packaging lightspark with libstdc++.so.6 and compiling it to load from that file instead of the maemo one. Ths may be the best option.

Trying to configure llvm on device with 4.4 and it cannot find any default includes:
checking for sys/stat.h... no
checking for stdlib.h... no
checking for string.h... no
checking for memory.h... no
checking for strings.h... no
checking for inttypes.h... no
checking for stdint.h... no
even though they are all there in /usr/include... strange.

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Trying to configure llvm on device with 4.4 and it cannot find any default includes:
checking for sys/stat.h... no
checking for stdlib.h... no
checking for string.h... no
checking for memory.h... no
checking for strings.h... no
checking for inttypes.h... no
checking for stdint.h... no
even though they are all there in /usr/include... strange.
Doing on-device compilation of LLVM will take a long, long, long time, and not really worth it. I have LLVM 2.7 compiled and installed on my scratchbox setup, which is what I reccomend (if you can compile a gcc 4.4 toolchain for it).

Also, I have lightspark running on my device, but their GLES implementation isn't working on the device, so I'm not getting an picture. I'm working with the Lightspark devs to try to resolve this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sazpaimon For This Useful Post:
GCC 4.4 from tannerlab works well on the device (with occasional include required, but configure missing default includes is a first). Not sure if you can get it on scratchbox. Definitely would check libstdc++ from there first before ubuntu.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Sazpaimon View Post
Update: I have lightspark built, but without a newer libstdc++ and libgcc on the N900 of course lightspark will not run.

AapoRantalainen, you said you compiled gcc-4.4 for maemo, does that include the aforementioned libraries?

I'm also afraid that upgrading libstdc++ here will break compatability with existing apps.
Why not link those libraries statically? Yes, it will take up lots of extra space, but at least you can then install the binary on an N900 without it exploding.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Why not link those libraries statically? Yes, it will take up lots of extra space, but at least you can then install the binary on an N900 without it exploding.
afaik you can't link libstdc++ statically, at least not if you use functions like dlopen(). Regardless, I can just use -rpath when compiling lightspark, or LD_LIBRARY_PATH, both work.

Some bad news though, Lightspark's shader and texture code are designed for 24 bit color EGL implentations, and the N900 is 16 bit, so the renderer will not work until it's been changed to support 16 bit RGBA. Anyone willing to take this on feel free to contact me so I can test any patches.