I used rescueOS by NIN101 and it works! I have a question: is there any chance to uninstall f-cam drivers after mounting maemo root? These drivers probably have caused my N900's crash. Maybe uninstalling it can solve the problem? Without flashing whole device.

The Following User Says Thank You to NotMicro For This Useful Post:
Mount maemo rootfs and opt folder from second emmc partition in /mnt/maemo/opt/ then use chroot: chroot /mnt/maemo/.

The Following User Says Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
Mount maemo rootfs and opt folder from second emmc partition in /mnt/maemo/opt/ then use chroot: chroot /mnt/maemo/.

Thank you very much for fast reply. Could you please describe what these operations will do and what to do next?

Additional information: my N900 is not booting. It crashed and when I power it on, only NOKIA logo is shown on the screen.

Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
Could you please write precisely how to mount opt folder from second emmc partition?
I've tried to uninstall fcam-drivers, but blessn900 depends on this package. So then I've been trying to uninstall blessn900, but I got an error that part of it is located in opt folder which is not accessible. So I probaly must mount this folder.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by NotMicro View Post
Could you please write precisely how to mount opt folder from second emmc partition?
I've tried to uninstall fcam-drivers, but blessn900 depends on this package. So then I've been trying to uninstall blessn900, but I got an error that part of it is located in opt folder which is not accessible. So I probaly must mount this folder.
Code:
mount -t ext3 -o rw,noatime /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt/maemo/home
mount /mnt/maemo/home/opt /mnt/maemo/opt
chroot /mnt/maemo

Originally Posted by habababa View Post
Code:
mount -t ext3 -o rw,noatime /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt/maemo/home
mount /mnt/maemo/home/opt /mnt/maemo/opt
chroot /mnt/maemo
Thank you very much for so fast reply. I will try to do it that way.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Btw. it might be sufficient to erase the file /etc/modprobe.d/fcam.conf according to its content:
~ $ cat /etc/modprobe.d/fcam.conf
# Override configuration file for the FCam camera control API replacement kernel modules for the N900 camera subsystem.
# Remove this file and reboot to restore use of the original kernel modules.

install fcam modprobe fcam-vanilla; modprobe fcam-power; echo "-1" > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_rt_runtime_us

install fcam-vanilla /sbin/insmod /usr/share/fcam/isp-mod.ko && /sbin/insmod /usr/share/fcam/omap34xxcam-mod.ko && /sbin/insmod /usr/share/fcam/omap_previewer_hack.ko && /sbin/insmod /usr/share/fcam/et8ek8.ko && /sbin/insmod /usr/share/fcam/board-rx51-camera.ko

install fcam-power /sbin/insmod /usr/share/fcam/power/isp-mod.ko && /sbin/insmod /usr/share/fcam/power/omap34xxcam-mod.ko && /sbin/insmod /usr/share/fcam/power/omap_previewer_hack.ko && /sbin/insmod /usr/share/fcam/power/et8ek8.ko && /sbin/insmod /usr/share/fcam/power/board-rx51-camera.ko

install isp-mod modprobe fcam
install omap34xxcam-mod modprobe fcam
install omap_previewer_hack modprobe fcam
install et8ek8 modprobe fcam

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Btw. it might be sufficient to erase the file /etc/modprobe.d/fcam.conf according to its content:
I've done it but it didn't help. Still no boot. Maybe I should remove whole directory modprobe.d ?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
NOPE !!!