Notices

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by cheve View Post
do you mean to use language other than your local default one?
I would like to change voice language. My N900 UI is in English and preferred language for spoken voice is Finnish. I did download the voice finnish_female -folder from Nokia and tried to follow instructions on this post . What does the last line on box (for f in *; do mv $f $f.wav; done) do? Change files to .wav? I could not get that one working.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
What does the last line on box (for f in *; do mv $f $f.wav; done) do? Change files to .wav? I could not get that one working.
i don't think you need to rename the voice files to have "wav" extension anymore. so you don't need this line.
i've tried it the same way with german_male voice and it works without doing this. i just had to start omvoiceserver and set the path to "../german/" folder which contains the "german_male" folder (first i've tried several times to set directly to "german_male" folder which cased the omvoiceserver unexpectedly exiting).

@ Blaizzen
thanks a lot for doing this great job!
one question, i'm still not sure if i have the latest index.html because there're different versions available. does the first post have the latest version attached or could you update the archives there please (i'm a new onwer of a n900 and it take some time to read through a full thread like this )?
and how do i search for save POIs and get those into the map. i've saved 2 adresses as xml (with the last search option in omvoiceserver). but i can't get them show up in my map (tried to search with "use online serach" off).

cheers
jens

Last edited by JensU; 2011-05-16 at 07:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by JensU View Post
@ Blaizzen
thanks a lot for doing this great job!
one question, i'm still not sure if i have the latest index.html because there're different versions available. does the first post have the latest version attached or could you update the archives there please (i'm a new onwer of a n900 and it take some time to read through a full thread like this )?
and how do i search for save POIs and get those into the map. i've saved 2 adresses as xml (with the last search option in omvoiceserver). but i can't get them show up in my map (tried to search with "use online serach" off).

cheers
jens
check here for the latest html page. talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=979112&postcount=314

for offline poi, keep the online search checked as its an incomplete feature. Make sure they are saved under the correct folder and begin with "poi-" otherwise it wont be able to find it.

edit: forgot to mention the search function still needs you to be online. However you can either set up a dummy connection, or an adhoc connected to nothing, and get around this requirement

Last edited by Blaizzen; 2011-05-16 at 09:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Blaizzen View Post
check here for the latest html page. talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=979112&postcount=314
ok, than i've already the latest one

for offline poi, keep the online search checked as its an incomplete feature. Make sure they are saved under the correct folder and begin with "poi-" otherwise it wont be able to find it.
edit: forgot to mention the search function still needs you to be online. However you can either set up a dummy connection, or an adhoc connected to nothing, and get around this requirement
thanks for your quick answer. but i had no luck. i tried this:
i connected to my home wlan. started omvoiceserver and checked the online search box. than i started ovi maps. searched for my home adress and saved this with "last search" as "Home.xml" under the suggested folder "/home/user/MyDocs/cities/poi/".
if i search for "poi-Home" nothing is found. does the name has to include the "poi-" string you've mentioned or what else i'm doning wrong?

jens

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milano Italy
I just install the package following the wiki page in English and it is working well, I also download the Italian language but I don't know how to install to modify the language.
Thanks for help.

Originally Posted by JensU View Post
ok, than i've already the latest one

thanks for your quick answer. but i had no luck. i tried this:
i connected to my home wlan. started omvoiceserver and checked the online search box. than i started ovi maps. searched for my home adress and saved this with "last search" as "Home.xml" under the suggested folder "/home/user/MyDocs/cities/poi/".
if i search for "poi-Home" nothing is found. does the name has to include the "poi-" string you've mentioned or what else i'm doning wrong?

jens
it will need to be saved as "poi-home.xml" for it to work its designed like that incase people put the poi files with other files, so you can tell them by the "poi-" name.

For changing the language, you just need to extract the voice data in the correct location (default cities/voices) and then select it italian under the options tab in omvoiceserver. You can also change the espeak options so it uses the correct grammer. To know if the language has been loaded, it'll appear under the log.

Code:
Looking for voices in: /home/user/MyDocs/cities/Voices
Loaded voice: arabic
Loaded voice: english
Loaded voice: german
Loaded voice: italian
Loaded voice: spanish
Adding Extra Languages: mb-en1|mb-en2|mb-en3
Using aplay for prerecorded sounds
Reading /home/user/MyDocs/cities/Voices/english/config.xml

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
For changing the language, you just need to extract the voice data in the correct location (default cities/voices) and then select it italian under the options tab in omvoiceserver. You can also change the espeak options so it uses the correct grammer. To know if the language has been loaded, it'll appear under the log.

Code:
Looking for voices in: /home/user/MyDocs/cities/Voices
Loaded voice: arabic
Loaded voice: english
Loaded voice: german
Loaded voice: italian
Loaded voice: spanish
Adding Extra Languages: mb-en1|mb-en2|mb-en3
Using aplay for prerecorded sounds
Reading /home/user/MyDocs/cities/Voices/english/config.xml
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but the English is in user/navigation_sounds/english_us,
there is nothing in /home/user/MyDocs/cities/Voices.
Where I found omvoiceserver ?

Originally Posted by JeanMarc View Post
Thanks, but the English is in user/navigation_sounds/english_us,
there is nothing in /home/user/MyDocs/cities/Voices.
Where I found omvoiceserver ?
Sorry, I should have asked first, what method are you using for voice navigation? Each method has different requirements.

I use this tutorial to install http://www.pittnerovi.com/jiri/hobby...900/index.html.
It create also a program eSpeak Gui.
But now it stop to talk also the welcome and the byby message disappear.
Sorry for confusion

Originally Posted by JeanMarc View Post
I use this tutorial to install http://www.pittnerovi.com/jiri/hobby...900/index.html.
It create also a program eSpeak Gui.
But now it stop to talk also the welcome and the byby message disappear.
Sorry for confusion
The python server will need to be modified. Open it on your computer or N900 (using leadfpad) and edit one of the lines to point to where your new language is located. The line will have the old location (/home/user/MyDocs/navigation_sounds/english_us or something similar). Also make sure you use the same slashes / or \.