Notices

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Is it possible to submit your source package to autobuilder? Or are there any manual procedures / patches needed?

I'm hoping to test a newer claws release, that hopefully has no issues displaying currently existing IMAP folders for multiple mail accounts (rather than retrieving updated folder trees, but not updating the folder view for 2 out of 5 accounts). And with stability - right now its flaky like a WinCE PDA.

(The claws Maemo page doesn't mention which patches apply.)

-------------------
EDIT:

Ok, i finally choose to extract your package into /opt and do some testing.

FFS, for the reason of f*** i'm still unable to open a mailaccount's folder list by clicking on the small arrow on the left side, as already observed with 3.7.3. That happens with 2 accounts; their login settings are correct:

If i move a message, all the folders of both accounts are there (all mailaccounts are expanded in the "move / Select folder" view). But trying to expand them in the main view just enters the accounts and shows nothing.

"Subscriptions -> Subscribe..." / "Check for new folders" / "Rebuild folder tree" does not alter this behavior.

EDIT2: Even deleting from /home/user/.claws-mail/imapcache/ doesn't change it.

EDIT3: I can even select incoming, unread messages with "Next" button on (bottom-right), and it enters the INBOX folder of a non-expandable mail account, then shows the message.

EDIT4: THIS! This action (displaying a new, unread email with "Next") expands the mailaccount and shows all it's folders in the main view? WTF?

EDIT5: Totally cool. After one of those really-often-happening segfaults. Claws lost the expanded view. !#@%

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-12-20 at 10:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
@don_falcone
so.... it's not working at all?

At this time i'm using it to have a portable archive of my REALLY FAT gmail account... with all the folders synced in my N900

Concerning build and patches, there are no patches to apply to build it... but i'm sorry, but i'm not familiar with the autobuilder tool so i choosed the old "quick and dirty" way.
To build it you need only one thing: a lot of time to find all the required libs.
The theme is the only thing i have tweaked a little bit to make it more usable in the N900 screen.

Last edited by xes; 2012-12-20 at 11:38.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
No no it's working, but unstable to about the same degree as the version (3.7.3) already in devel-reps (segfaults, GTK+ assertions etc.). So at least for me, i see no changes for now other than more plugins included. Thanks for your build!

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-12-20 at 11:39.

....i'm building gtk-2.16.6 to match the deps for claws-mail 3.9.0...
Let's see what happens..

Last edited by xes; 2012-12-20 at 14:50.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
First post updated with version 3.9.0 and gtk 2.16.6

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Thanks. Actually i'm unable to extract neccessary GTK libs as xarchiver *****es about some files being not found in the archive, and being unable to extract. Will test later on a desktop; right now i'm testing pomegranate gluehwein@christmas market.

Edit: stupid /me. No space left on /opt.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-12-20 at 18:38.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Mandaluyong City, Philippines
Hi all. Just asking, how do I right click the IMAP root folder so I can get to the properties. I need to activate offline synchronization of my mail.
Something like this (last post)
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

Tried playing with xbindkeys and xdotool to map control + tap for a right click but it doesn't seem to do anything. The phone does recognize the click because it vibrated when done from xterm.

Thank you!

Last edited by g.jie; 2013-04-10 at 17:34.

A long klick with the stylus (about 2 seconds) opens the menu- at least this works for me...

HTH & CU

Michael

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Mandaluyong City, Philippines
Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. I've been clicking and holding everywhere and no context menu shows up.

forgot to mention:
Claws-mail 3.9.0, cssu-thumb

Originally Posted by g.jie View Post
Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. I've been clicking and holding everywhere and no context menu shows up.

forgot to mention:
Claws-mail 3.9.0, cssu-thumb
Hmm, my version is 3.7.10.
Do you run it under maemo or easy debian?

CU Michael