Active Topics

According to Eldar's teweet, it seems that Microsoft will buy Nokia. Elop was really a trojan. Congrats Finns!

# Deal could be completed in 2013, or in late 2012. In any case, US investors dont see any brigh future for Nokia. They play on MS side about 12 hours ago via web

# So, first step - down the price for Nokia as a company. Second - split Nokia like Moto (mobile devices +Navteq; infrastructure); Third - buy Il y a environ 12 heures via web

# Just talked with the same source which describe in December collaboration between Nokia and MS. According to him, MS going to buy N mobile

http://twitter.com/eldarmurtazin

Last edited by gruik; 2011-02-20 at 22:19.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
According to my sources... they say that Eldar sometimes pulls stuff out of thin air.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I can't recall Eldatr forecasting the Nokia/WP7 tie up in December, or even in early February?

it seems that Eldar was right. In december he said that Nokia was in discuss with Microsoft and Google for new O.S. It seems he was right.

Last edited by gruik; 2011-02-20 at 22:40.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Well I think Eldar has right this time,.. Nokia is dead as company:

But its a ****ing chame how Microsoft has/will do it:

1.Make symbian and Meego look alot bad than it is
2. Scare away every app developer to not use Qt even if this platform is fully functional.

sum of this is alot less people will buy symbian phones cause who will buy burning platform.

this is bad so ****ing frustrating. I am the one who still beleives in Qt but my guess is devs will leave or get scared away and/or playing Microsofts game.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-02-20 at 22:49.

Originally Posted by gruik View Post
it seems that Eldar was right in december. In december he said that Nokia was in discuss with Microsoft and Google for new O.S. It seems he was right.
Correct or just a good guess? it seems he know little of the WP7 announcement. i think we could all guess M$ may takeover Nokia in a couple of years thanks to Trojan Elop.

The Following User Says Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
With Elop in by December, I could have said that Nokia was in talks with Microsoft and it not have been a stretch.

Elop, former MS employee talk to his last employer who happens to have a mobile OS that just launched?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by gruik View Post
it seems that Eldar was right. In december he said that Nokia was in discuss with Microsoft and Google for new O.S. It seems he was right.
It seems he was right. Yes, it seems he was right.

I think I'm done buying Nokia now anyway. I have been a fan for over a decade but once you start selling gimped MS products...you've lost me. I think Symbian is worlds ahead of WP7, and that's saying something.

Goodbye Nokia. It was fun while it lasted but now I guess I gotta find a new phone manufacturer.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
eldar also said few days before the 11th that Nokia was not moving to another OS and Nokia and Microsoft would announce deal for services partnership only.
how can he even predict that Microsoft will take over Nokia in 2013 b/c that what he's saying lol
The guy is so stupid last week he was telling everyone on twitter that Maemo 6 is back and its GTK+ based lol, when everyone as known since 08/09 that its Qt based
he just likes pulling things out the air sometimes to make it look like he is important and is in the know about everything.
Only reason he can predict two years ahead and get credit for saying things is b/c everyone will of forgot by the time the dates come round, just like what happens on Wall street and London.

Last edited by NvyUs; 2011-02-20 at 23:41.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez