Posts: 34 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Saint-Avertin / France
The dbus error seems to be happen only when the camera video output is launched in the same time as the mic input.

So to be clear at this time I did not succeed in playing both them simultaneously with VLC.

I would like to post the exact command line but I face a very bad bug on my tablet : the applications menu is now completely empty since this weekend (too much installations and tests...) and I have no ssh access this week so I can't even launch a terminal session.

I could only heard my voice if I disabled the camera video output, so you could try :
  • to launch vlc with the cvlc command
  • or to give a false camera device (ex: /dev/null)
  • or to set a bad display environment setting before lauching vlc.

lokidor

The Following User Says Thank You to lokidor For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by lokidor View Post
The dbus error seems to be happen only when the camera video output is launched in the same time as the mic input.

So to be clear at this time I did not succeed in playing both them simultaneously with VLC ... you could try ... to give a false camera output device...
I found I could get VLC to echo audio once when I added "-V dummy" (output video to dummy) to my basic vlc line. After that, I got either silence, bus error, or even a couple of segmentation faults.

EDIT: It seems you only get one shot per reboot. It works only once after a reboot. Perhaps I am exiting incorrectly? (CTRL-C)

EDIT2:
I can send a transcoded audio stream (mpga), but the mpga codec doesn't support low sample rates, so I have to change the samplerate to 22010, which makes me sound like a chipmunk. haven't tried video yet. And I haven't figured out how to send a "raw" audio stream yet. (acodec=raw gives an error).

EDIT3:
I have audio streaming! The transcode portion looks like this:
Code:
:sout="#transcode{vcodec=WMV2,vb=196,samplerate=8000,channels=1}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=asf,dst=:7070}}"
...Also, streaming video+audio causes the same "bus error" that happens when trying to echo both. Inserting the "-V dummy" allows you to stream audio only.

Last edited by qole; 2008-06-03 at 00:05. Reason: One per reboot, transcoding

Originally Posted by qole View Post
EDIT: It seems you only get one shot per reboot. It works only once after a reboot. Perhaps I am exiting incorrectly? (CTRL-C)
Yes the vlc ctrl-c quits badly vlc without sending the snd_pcm_close command so the device stays in a busy state. There is a mention about this possible problem in the the dsp plugin documentation.
Maybe the solution would be to launch vlc with the command line interface and to exit properly with the quit command.

EDIT2: I can send a transcoded audio stream (mpga), but the mpga codec doesn't support low sample rates, so I have to change the samplerate to 22010, which makes me sound like a chipmunk. haven't tried video yet. And I haven't figured out how to send a "raw" audio stream yet. (acodec=raw gives an error).
I also thought about this problem of low bitrate and for that I added in the new packages the amr codec which is designed precisely for this case, I tried it few minutes after seeing that :
http://wiki.videolan.org/AMR

EDIT3: I have audio streaming! The transcode portion looks like this:
Code:
:sout="#transcode{vcodec=WMV2,vb=196,samplerate=8000,channels=1}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=asf,dst=:7070}}"
...Also, streaming video+audio causes the same "bus error" that happens when trying to echo both. Inserting the "-V dummy" allows you to stream audio only.
Good news, I will try to investigate this bus error as soon as I have a fully functional tablet...

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I guess we're waiting for Antoine now. I added links to the progress you guys (especially Lokidor) have made to his discussion page.

Yes I'm waiting the first commits from Antoine now.
You can check here http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc-phytos.git;a=summary

Well, he's on vacation this week, but hopefully next week...

Does anyone know if the VIDIOC_DQBUF bug is fixed in Diablo?
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2491

According to what I am seeing now the VIDIOC_DQBUF bug is still present in diablo 4.2008.23-14

Where can I download latest vlc for maemo diablo?
Thank you

As I wanted to take a look at the Antoine work's (the GSoC student, see here) , I built a version of vlc from its tree.

This tree is in an alpha stage of development , so don't expect that everything works.

I did it from the maemo 4.1 SDK for diablo, the packages are here

Antoine has added an interface for maemo, you can try it with :
Code:
vlc -I maemo
The menu does not seem to work yet.

I just see that he is currently adding a new video output (port of the omap framebuffer video output of mplayer).

lokidor

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lokidor For This Useful Post: