Poll: Will you buy the meego phone?
Poll Options
Will you buy the meego phone?

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
If another company (eagerly waiting for announcements from MWC) comes with a MeeGo phone I might buy that.
But I don't know whether I'd buy a Nokia MeeGo phone. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe only if there's no other choice.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
*votes for the missing option 'not sure yet, depends on what they deliver and what other MeeGo phones are out there'*

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Woman and children first, this is a burning platform you're talking about.

By the way, the N900 was sold more often than expected knowing the limited availibility of it from release day untill now. Buying a Nokia Meego device will contribute for the MeeGo and HW development costs, not make them work harder or have sudden epiphanys.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
Woman and children first, this is a burning platform you're talking about.
The platform has been burned. Only charcoal has been left behind.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
What Sony chip?

MS and Nokia have turned everything (regarding Nokia) upside down and inside out. I just saw this Runs Android, but looking really really nice Promised myself never to buy an Android device ever again.... promises promises.
YAY finally a nice QWERTY Android. Maybe I should reconcider now when Nokia killed Meego.

Atm., there is only two decisions left going Android or going WebOS.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/pre3/index.html

Looks also promising but seems not its that open...

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
design of palm/hp devices is crap

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Poll omits "not sure yet" option. Why? This isn't so black and white.
agreed.

Nokia will still be spending around half a billion on the broader MeeGo ecosystem annually, and around 200m on Meego itself, for which you would expect it to survive and thrive as a niche platform.

The only question is whether Nokia is competent enough to execute such a strategy in tandem with its Win7 move, and that has yet to be demonstrated.

http://jedibeeftrix.wordpress.com/20...-qt-and-meego/

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2007 @ A moon of planet Nokia
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Poll omits "not sure yet" option. Why? This isn't so black and white.
Oh, give it a rest. Nokia is over the hill and the people know it.
After the N800 debacle I find it comforting to know that the company that did nothing for the community now gets dumped by the people.
Nokia go scr*w yourself. Hope you go bust.

By the way, I love my iPhone 4 and my iPad. The king is dead, long live the king!

Bet you didn't expect the ITT to crash and burn this badly. But you ought to know. I told you some years ago it was a piece of crap.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by einstein View Post
Bet you didn't expect the ITT to crash and burn this badly. But you ought to know. I told you some years ago it was a piece of crap.

I'm enjoying my N900 even now, and hadn't touched my laptop or desktop for about a month; it's a pretty good substitute.

Nokia should dumb the messy QtQuick (qt+qtml+c++) and write OS GUI and necessary applications with Java+QtJambi and QtPython.

C++ is a failed and messy language, error and bug sucker and small hell to debug, maintain and read others code.

The first Meego phone has to have >1GHz dual-core-app-CPU and 1 GB RAM, so even having QtPython would not slow it down.

Also Dalvik VM so there would be enough apps from the start over the so called critical mass.

Tags
elopcalypse, f*ck whitey