Active Topics

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Well the n8x0 were supposed to have another update called elephanta but they scrapped it because they had to work on maemo 5. But what i meant to say is that diablo was good enough for many of us without any major concerns. Of course more updates are always nice but the lack of proper hardware is definitely a hinderance to further updates. Now a days 2 years is a lot in device's life cycle. I dont see many users who would use thier n900's for more than that.
So you still think there will be many incremental updates? I guess only time will tell.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
So you still think there will be many incremental updates? I guess only time will tell.
I think there will be. But time will tell. Since maemo 5 is totally new and there will be bugs in the start and nokia believes in releasing early and often.

Anyway lets see.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I've owned many high end Nokia devices, and updates are plenty and often.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I am somewhat disappointed that when the latest iPhone, Android, Blackberry, or Palm device comes out, they have someone showing it off on Oprah, the View, Ellen, Good Morning America, Daily Buzz, G4TV, etc, but I haven't heard one single word about the N900 on traditional media outlets in the US yet. The Palm Pixie and Moto Cliq are the hot devices of the moment here in the US, and people are looking for the TP2 and Sholes to come out, but no buzz for the N900 here. Hope it increases (buzz in the US on TV) once the Maemo Summit comes down.

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
Sometimes I think if Nokia trying SO hard to get a dent in the North American market, in detriment to other markets, its really worth...

Maybe instead of trying to market it in Oprah or Ellen Degeneres(?!)... Going "Hollywood" would be better. Nothing creates more hype than Rambo remotely exploding a truck via SSH or John McClane using Maemo mapper to find the next russian/german/south american/arab/japanese terrorist...

Heck, just remember that "Matrix phone".. I really really wanted one :P

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Than again i really laughed at the Vaio's apparition in Terminator :P

The Following User Says Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ León, Spain
I really liked the "cameo" of the Nokia 770 in the "Fantastic Four: Silver Surfer"

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Many of us in the community figure that most of the power-wielders in Nokia don't even realize what they've got on their hands here, or maybe they're wilfully ignoring it because it isn't what they're used to... Nobody's really sure what's going on in the Finnish Juggernaut.

So anyway, a few community members have suggested starting a Community Marketing Campaign. Tim Samoff has even started a YouTube channel.

That's how marketing works in this century anyways. Forget the splashy ads; go for viral videos.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
@epoch24

could you next time use paragraphs, please?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
It's phone created by European that speak bad English with horrible accent. That is why they are having a hard time marketing!! LOL

The Following User Says Thank You to romanianusa For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900