Notices

Since I like listening to radio streams when i go to bed, it would be very useful to have a timer application that can shut down certain applications or the whole device. Even more usefull would be something that executes a command to a given time (e.g. a playlist).
I looked all over the internet for a while now but couldn't find anything except the eggtimer.
Does anyone know something?

Originally Posted by mindplayer View Post
Since I like listening to radio streams when i go to bed, it would be very useful to have a timer application that can shut down certain applications or the whole device. Even more usefull would be something that executes a command to a given time (e.g. a playlist).
I looked all over the internet for a while now but couldn't find anything except the eggtimer.
Does anyone know something?
You could run a shell script (do we have cron? I don't think so), that killed the app or did a shutdown now (as root) at a certain time.

Thanks Jeffus. I recently found the shutdown option in root mode. That will do it for now. Although it would be great if there were a gui. Unfortunately I'm not able to build one myself.

What is the shutdown timer in root mode.

Only timer I know is the one in winwhores: shutdown -t***

Look here for a simple shell script solution:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=1526
I kill osso-media-server since I use the internet radio applet.
It will be restarted on next use, so there is no need to shutdown
the tablet....